Characters cannot run and jump from the edge of parts

How to reproduce bug:
Start running to edge of platform
keep running until the centre point of your character is not on any part
Try jumping while still running

(You can still jump when stood still, this has to be done while running)

Been getting complaints that players cannot jump from the edges of parts despite their character is on the platform
Can confirm this behaviour is new, it has inadvertently made my game way harder to play, some maps require these types of jumps to progress.

7 Likes

Can confirm this was from the new update & this ruins a lot of games for me personally. I’m sure for a lot of other people as well. Fast platforming became (very) unstable after the update.

3 Likes

@CodeWriter

I did also get complaints about some players not being able to jump (at all?). Those players claim it happens consistently, but I could not reproduce it myself. (in this game)

These complaints started happening since around this Monday.

For me, the old bug still persists a little; jumping off an edge results in a small jump instead of a regular one.

Otherwise, I don’t jump. Pretty annoying.

We recently added some constraints on jumping to prevent state change exploits that allowed you to jump-fly. We adjusted the tuning value associated with edge jumping. Let us know if the problem persists.

3 Likes

All seems to be working now!

Thanks for the fix.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.