Chat on mobile is too tall and prevents users from speaking

Wondering if anyone has had a similar issue with Lua chat. Some of my mobile players (not all) are reporting that the chat window is huge vertically and pushes the chat bar off screen, or some variation of this, which makes it impossible for mobile players to chat.

A phone experiencing the issue was the Huawei Y9 Prime.

I have some settings tweaks but I’ve already updated them and reverted any of my changes relating to size.

I have the option to resize chat enabled. I have some custom commands. No code has been forked, only the config which is up to date with latest additions.

Reverting my size changes in the config seems to have helped at least one user, albeit this change was first published to a test game and not the main game. Despite having released this to the main game, some users are still reporting the same issue.

Does anyone have any insight into this?

Wondering if it’s the resize feature getting players stuck with the window huge, or if it’s something else.

3 Likes

I have encountered this issue before while working. Unfortunately it has been a while since I last encountered it and I wasn’t paying much attention so I can’t remember details clearly.

I think I was in Play Solo in Studio using the mobile emulator (I can remember getting frustrated by the chat window getting in the way of my clicks on the screen trying to rotate the camera or whatever). I did nothing to trigger the problem - it just happened on its own when starting a new testing session - and the chat system was not modified or forked at all.

This might be the reason why

Keep in mind that there’s a topic that already exists talking about this annoying bug everyone (including me)'s tired of

This annoying bug is so annoying that I wanted ot gone, that’s I am combating this and so everyone else, there’s workarounds for this don’t worry my friend.

1 Like

I’m having an issue with this on an iPhone X…

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.