ChatColor not displaying in chat

Hello there. It’s me, once again, with another ChatColor script. You may remember me from my last post?

As I’ve seen, I wasn’t very clear enough of what I wanted to achieve.

I founded this script on YouTube (I’m not that clever in scripting don’t bully me):

local admins = {"Schedency"}
local chatTextColor = "Deep orange"
local nameColor = nil

for i,who in pairs(admins) do
	game.DescendantAdded:Connect(function(a)
		pcall(function()
			if a.ClassName == 'TextButton' then
				local b = a
				if string.find(b.Text,who..']') then
					if chatTextColor == '' then
						b.Parent.TextColor = BrickColor.new("Deep orange")
					end
					-- Extra for NameColor
					if nameColor ~= nil then
						b.TextColor = nil -- Change "nil" on nameColor to add a color to the name that is displaying.
					end
				end
			end
		end)
	end)
end

It is in a LocalScript inside StarterPack.

What it is supposed to do, is when a user is added to the “admins” section, it will be displaying the ChatColor for when the user is saying something in the chat. But, it isn’t doing that. Instead, it is displaying the normal, white chat text instead.

I saw that the script that Roblox’s have made in their ChatScripts, is not working. I’ve tried to get around with it, but it is not working.

Once the scripts run, no warnings, errors or information is printing out in the output. There is also nothing in Script Widget, Script Analysis, and the Script Editor.

Thanks,
Schedency

Hello there,

please search more next time.

Also you should really use UserId’s because sometimes people change username and you don’t want to edit the script everytime they do, also change the structure so you don’t have to loop through it to this.

local admins = {
   [UserId] = true; -- your user id = admin (true)
}

Then you would just add a statement in the script like this :

if admins[Players[PlayerName].UserId] == true then

Hope I helped!

1 Like