Check out my Single-Player horror game!

I’ve added some of the things you guys said, and @yesman10123 that will be implemented shortly after I think of the plot

Oh yeah by the way I tried the new version and when i stepped onto the carpet in the hallway I feel through and well can’t play anymore :confused:.Edit:I played again to see the changes but this time the receptionist wont talk to me or give me the key.

1 Like

oh, when you die everything is glitched, including the recptionist, yeah I accidentally enabled can collide on the carpet which made you fall through the carpets xD my bad

This is just a small detail, but in the starting area I noticed the tables looked non existent, I would suggest just making them solid, because the lighting or it could just be to transparent make it seem like there are just the supporting legs there. Other than that game is great.

1 Like

yeah, I thought making it a bit transparent would make it look cool, but I think I’ll just make it solid. I’m not really much into the design, but more on the functionality of the game.

1 Like

Okay, this game is very entertaining. The use of jumpscares if fine, but don’t use them too much, what i would recommend is giving the player the feeling of being stalked, maybe add some text at the bottom of what the player is feeling, try using the game “I Remember This Dream”, Jacksepticeye did a gameplay if you want to check it out.

1 Like

The game is pretty good. I like it, a lot. I did find the footsteps like the carpet annoying, it was kind of obnoxious. Since the game is not done, I didn’t know what to do and I left the game soon after. A thing that caught my eye was that you can move the receptionist. He’s movable so I moved him upstairs to my room. Maybe have the receptionist locked so that doesn’t happen. Another thing I saw annoying to me was the sprint top bar. Maybe move it to the side of the screen or towards the bottom, because to me, it got in the way. Here’s a screenshot to show the receptionist is movable.

1 Like

Sure, but I’d probably turn the volume down cause his scream is even louder and scarier when a jumpscare hits

1 Like

10/10 said this xD well ye, I haven’t restricted the receptionist on the lobby yet, but in my indev build I changed him and I even changed the whole look of the hotel. Oh and the carpet footsteps, yeah I do kind of find it a bit annoying, but I’m trying to find a good one and change some of the sounds next time.

Hello! This is a wonderful horror based game you got going for yourself. I do however believe that there is quite a large variety of problems, mistakes or errors that may or may not be needing to be fixed. All really depends on what you’re going for; let’s say a realistic showcase based game for example.

1. The sound effects in varying locations is a little unsettling and does not suit the actual material being walked on. E.g. carpet.
  2. The background music is good however it is way too loud and should only be played in the lobby space, it is night time I am assuming, meaning they would not be playing loud music right outside guest rooms.
  3. You should add a breathing sound or noise effect, make sure to keep it a little low however.
  4. Although with the old roblox core gui ‘topgui’, the shadow corners of the player’s screen would of worked however with the introduction of the new one, it does not work as the border to say ends without covering the top of the screen if you understand what I am saying.
  5. The walk speed of the game is way to slow, and considering the size of the map. It should definitely be increased.
  6. There isn’t much detail in the long hallways of the hotel, I suggest adding some more decoration; pictures, tables, chairs and even plants.
  7. This isn’t very important however going by the genre of the game, you should implement a sort of flickering light feature in the hallways as will add that extra feeling towards the horror genre.
  8. That jump-scare is remarkable, however I would recommend adding more response or reaction to the jump-scare after it occurs. Right now, it occurs and the door opens and that is it.
  9. When opening the large door inside of the staff room, I don’t find the sound that plays as it opens realistic, if you are trying to hide something, you would reduce the sound as much as possible, not make an alarm type thing.
  10. With the stamina bar, that is a good thing however I don’t believe having a large bar covering the top of the screen is very amusing to a player’s experience, maybe reduce its size and re-position it?
  11. At the beginning of the game, the owner can be pushed around, maybe try and adjust that.

On the other hand, everything is pretty well made, just take into consideration those recommendations I have made. I really do think some of them will help you.
Can’t wait to see where this game goes in the future.