Chickynoid, server authoritative character replacement

Thank you for writing that up! You should submit it as a documentation PR :smiley:

3 Likes

Is this still under development? The last update to the GitHub was 4 months ago.

Itā€™s in a stable state. Games are shipping with it atm. Itā€™ll get some updates when new roblox tech comes along like unreliable remotes :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Can you post a few games that use it? Would work good as an example to show how well it works!

1 Like

Here is a prototype of a game built on chickynoid: (10) project rails prototype - Roblox

Its simple but cool

1 Like

@MrChickenRocket
I have a question, should we use commands for anything related to sending data between clients and server or should we use a mix of commands and remote events, I am asking this because I am not sure if itā€™s very effective sending data every frame for some things.

If youā€™re worried about how much data is in commands it should be possible to use table delta compression on the commands. Itā€™s already used in a few other places.

If the input needs to be predicted, use a command, else use whatever you like.

1 Like

@MrChickenRocket I got an error saying this when I inserted Chickynoid inside
the game Flee the Mall

ReplicatedFirst.Packages.Chickynoid.Simulation.CollisionModule:892: ReplicatedFirst.Packages.Chickynoid.Simulation.CollisionModule:847: attempt to index nil with 'GetDescendants'

1 Like

did you just copied the chickynoid module and inserted it to your game, because if so then its not gonna work, You need to insert the module, the server mods, and also you must have a script that sets up the necesary mods such as generate command and the other one i forgot its name.

Uhh yes I did also idk where to put the scripts in github

i recommend you to download the roblox place file and grab everything from there.

I have the file and I added everything from the uncopylocked place

Make sure you set the workspace up correctly

Yeah now that I remember its probably because you need to insert a folder into the workspace called GameArea, its probably erroring because since it doesnt exist it cannot get its descendants

Anarchy Arena - Roblox Grats to the team! Another chickynoid game, in the wild :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wow im actually amazed that chickynoid is finally getting picked by more people, considering this postā€™s views, and the 6 games ive seen using chickynoid that are in a playable phase (and who knows the many more that might come out).

We can finally have the upperhand against the war on hackers and exploiters.

Edit: + the physics being editable is so kewl, considering humanoids are stiff and gross.

1 Like

chiming in to show a game Iā€™ve been working on which uses chickynoid: video embed

it was a scary switch at first but chickynoid was very easy to ease into, it offers a proper cheat solution to character-related cheats ontop of being much more intuitive to work with compared to humanoid - itā€™s straight forward to work with, its command system makes sense and makes it simple to create bots that can emulate real players by allowing them to issue the same commands, and if you donā€™t like something with it or it lack something you need you can just fork it and change it yourself while humanoid forces you to work around its shortcoming
definitely worth the effort of learning and implementing it, even when itā€™s limited by the lack of technology it still does a stellar job and I highly recommend anyone who is still skeptical about trying it to at least give it a shot

2 Likes

Best part is its not even gonna be limited by tech soon since roblox is gonna add those juicy UDP remotes which will make chickynoid even faster and no longer have speed exploits that make you go slightly faster via delta time.

1 Like

This was the most mature way to handle all physics exploits. We didnā€™t need any of this anti cheat scripts. Combine this with an sanity checks for remotes, and Chickynoid for characters. Literally unexploitable. Almost all cheats are patched. The only cheats which will never be patched is stuff like Aimbots.

+1. Shouldā€™ve been made before.

2 Likes

Yeah sadly aimbot cheats cannot be patched without a client sided anti cheat which is bypassable. I thought of detecting aimbot from the server by constantly sending the camera frames and checking if the camera angles were pointing at players but unfortunately latency makes this idea not possible, not to mention the client could also stop sending camera angles and it would be very expensive, at least using commands you are able to send the camera angle and the shoot signal in one remote which makes it impossible for exploiters to not look at where they are shooting if you have a head movement system.