Chickynoid, server authoritative character replacement

You can just change the rig used, look for the R15rig inside of the Chickynoid folder in ReplicatedFirst, and replace it with an R6 one. then just add the animator from inside of the R15 humanoid into the R6 humanoid.

1 Like

Gold star! Exactly! You also have the characterMod system (examples in the example/ folders) for being able to specify different character setups and rigs in the same project.

2 Likes

is there a way to make some sort of kill barrier where if you step inside a part with can collide false you die? currently for the kill part example it only detects what your standing on.

Yes, but there isn’t anything chickynoid specific about it.
Simplest method would be to just loop through each player on the server and seeing if they’re inside a kill bounds.

I spent days googling “roblox rollback netcode” over and over again to see if someone had done it, only results that came up were people asking if it was possible, and now this beauty comes across my screen while I’m looking through resources. I’m hoping this plays nicely with fighting game mechanics, as that’s what I’m going to be using it for.

1 Like

Is this used in Bed Wars?

from my perspective as a player I wouldn’t use this for my own game I experienced too many false positives and I watched many cheaters ruin my match

when legit users are punished for no reason and cheaters run free I can’t trust you

1 Like

Adding on to “if it plays nicely with fighting game mechanics,” how good would this be at keeping players in sync? (Like GGPO and games like Injustice, as soon as input is received on another client, it’s skipped forward so all players see the same thing, I’m assuming also being predictive of other players). If it’s not good at that, are there plans for it, or can it be modified (relatively easily) to be more like that?

What?

Chickynoid has nothing to do with exploiters in your game, or other games (at least not to the extent you’re describing.)

Chickynoid allows the server to have authority over the character which allows you to validate certain data that can not be verified with the traditional character rig. There’s no sort of “punishments” that are inflicted upon the player when you start using Chickynoid.

8 Likes

This is honestly amazing! We may be on the way to permanently combat a massive part of exploits :eyes:

I hope you’ll keep developing this until Roblox takes the idea and implement it into the engine. You can possibly look into more accurate collisions (that’s holding me & others back from implementing this system).

As far as I can see, they don’t use Chickynoid in Bedwars.

To provide you with some background information, you probably know Vape V4 (they spam it in the chat). This is an open-source script at GitHub which is (probably) the source of all exploiters in the game. They also have included exploits for Rift Royale (which uses Chickynoid):

The fun part is: the exploit for Rift Royale doesn’t have any teleport/speed hacks, because of Chickynoid. As Chickynoid is server authoritative, they can’t bypass it :smirk:

Note: Chickynoid isn’t your average anti-cheat, it’s a whole new character replacement.

5 Likes

Terrain and mesh collisions are a bit rough, but honestly against standard parts it should be spot on accurate?

Awesome, sorry R6 wasn’t supported before and it was never mentioned when support was added. Thought @MrChickenRocket was just being petty about it.

I mean, it doesn’t by default support R6, but you can use any rig you like with it.
The documentation is very much out of date :slight_smile:

3 Likes

This is amazing!
Does this support dynamic collisions i.e. parts being unanchored and having collisions calculated on the fly for said parts and by extent the ability to recalculate collisions?

Yes but it’s sorta bad. Could definitely be better.

After some experimentation I can see why.
I’m running into a couple of issues with Chickynoid right now is there a support channel anywhere?

Best bet is to find me on discord

1 Like

Something cool that could be added would be to allow going up slopes affect your velocity.

Running up this steep slope at high speeds drags them straight down by the time they reach the top.
The simulation move state jibber jabber code with the wishDir only moves the player less forward at steeper angles.

2 Likes

I’m having trouble with custom rigs.
I’ve inserted a new rig into the assets folder with an identical set of limbs and motor6ds to a traditional R15 rig, and when i play the character loads and animates as expected, but i get huge error spam and the game stops responding after a few seconds:

My memory and cpu usage also increases drastically and keeps rising until studio eventually closes or my attempt to stop the playtest finally goes through.

A normal rig works fine but mine doesn’t. Any idea why this might be?

EDIT: Does anyone also know why 2 of me spawn in, one using the custom rig and another using default Roblox?

Just make sure it has all the same stuff that the existing custom rig has - it needs to be anchored, and it needs to have the animations/animator set up the same way.

I found out that somehow my R15 custom rig was set to R6 lol.
Confused as to how the error spam essentially ate 1gb of my ram though

1 Like