Chunk Loader System

Hello Fellow Robloxians! I’m RazorBladedino117, a scripter. I am attempting to develop a chunk loader system, but don’t know where to start. Can anyone give me some pointers? You can contact me on discord at RazorBladedino117#5440 , or DM me on the DevForum. Thanks for all the help!

Have you checked out StreamingEnabled?

There’s a useful resource on the Forums going over the basics of Perlin Noise, you can use this to generate a random structure with close accuracy to what any voxel generation systems they can make. Go check it out here. I hope this helps you.

And this can be used to develop a chunk loader? Let me research it. Thanks for the help!

Yes, it most certainly can, I’ve seen others use this formula into making voxel chunk generation.

If you don’t mind, could you explain what voxel generation is? I’m very new to this topic.

Voxel generation for example is how “blocky” open world games generate your terrain, however, after reading your topic carefully, I really don’t know what you mean by the Chunk Loader System, can I go into detail as I really cannot tell what you want. Please give me a reference with this “loader” system just incase if I am leading you in the right direction.

Basically, I have a low poly, triangle terrain map. It will be HUGE, and I’m planning to make a chunk loading system, as to reduce lag for devices, and make the playing experience smoother. There will be villages, and trees.

Alright, thanks for clarifying, I was definitely not leading you in the correct direction. I found this post and it was linking to a game that may help you from TheNexusAvenger. You can find the post here.

I’ve actually looked at that before xD. I was hoping, rather than a set of models, the chunk loading constantly loads whatever is in, lets say a range of 400 studs.

I mean, other than that, since I am not that experienced in optimization, I just figured you would use the distance formula to see how far away that specific thing is and if it’s over a certain distance you would make it not visible to the player, however this kind of scripting is new to me. However, the only solution is that you can search through the internet, I did however see someone else talking about this, maybe give a read at what other solutions people have given them. https://devforum.roblox.com/t/advice-on-handling-large-maps/118685