Circular/Radial Progress

Thank You, this has honestly helped me learn something I didn’t know

Since I see people still coming to this post since it’s one of the best resources around I made a module to make it significantly easier to create radial progress bars. I know someone already made one but I would hardly call that useful. You can find the module here. I included an example script that shows how to use it. All methods:

RadialObject <- RadialModule.new(Frame imageObject, string imageId, table options)
void <- RadialObject:Update()
void <- RadialObject:TweenProgress(number newProgress, number tweenTime)
void <- RadialObject:SetProgress(number newProgress)
8 Likes

Hey, I’ve been trying to use the circular progression and it isn’t working. Any reason why?

Can you show me more detail why it happened?

These may solve the problem:

• All frames are visible and in correct position.
  • Available image ID.
  • Percentage is not in 0%.
  • All transparency property in option is not 1.

I know I’m late but this is exactly what I’ve been looking for! Thanks you, you saved me. I’ve been searching for this for the past two hours.

Uh, did you properly give credit to me? Because other than the post you linked, I don’t see any credit being given to the guy who made the base code and me who adapted it into a module

Or I could be wrong, perhaps you made it first without me knowing?

This is really nice! Thanks for sharing this with us. We’d really love to use this in the future. :happy1:

How would I be able to change it in a BillboardGui?

2 Likes

Hello,

As you may know that performing durations would be a doozy.
For example, you wouldn’t be able to customize the thing to be 30 seconds instead of 5.
Before you start stressing out, I managed to add a proper and very accurate duration (in seconds) setting in the script. Take a look.

local Duration = 5 --In seconds

local Length = Duration * 30
local CL = 0

repeat wait()
	CL += 1
	script.Parent.Value = CL/Length * 100
	-- Progress.
	local PercentNumber = math.clamp(script.Parent.Value * 3.6,0,360)
	local F1 = script.Parent.Parent.Frame1.ImageLabel
	local F2 = script.Parent.Parent.Frame2.ImageLabel
	F1.UIGradient.Rotation = script.FlipProgress.Value == false and math.clamp(PercentNumber,180,360) or 180 - math.clamp(PercentNumber,0,180)
	F2.UIGradient.Rotation = script.FlipProgress.Value == false and math.clamp(PercentNumber,0,180) or 180 - math.clamp(PercentNumber,180,360)
	F1.ImageColor3 = script.ImageColor.Value
until CL/Length * 100 >= 100 --percent

If you customize the “Duration” variable, you are customizing the number of seconds that the loading circle can last.

Ps: This is not the ENTIRE script, just the segment that was changed.

1 Like

You can simply transfer what is inside of the Radical Progress UI and move it into the billboardui of choice.
Does that help?

I found a way to solve this. I changed this line:

F1.UIGradient.Rotation = self.Config.FlipProgress == false and math.clamp(PercentNumber,180,360) or 180 - math.clamp(PercentNumber,0,180)

to:

F1.UIGradient.Rotation = self.Config.FlipProgress == false and math.clamp(PercentNumber,179,360) or 179 - math.clamp(PercentNumber,0,179)

It is much easier to understand why this is happening when you temporarily put some space between Frame1 and Frame2 for debug purposes and then tweak the gradient’s rotation value on Frame1.

1 Like

I am trying to put another Image ID that’s less thick than the original one. When I changed it, the whole GUI disappears. Anyone knows why?

New Image ID: 4565400218

1 Like

With the help of a plugin I switched from screenui to billboardgui , but it does not work.

Hello there, I know it’s been a year since this module came out, but this was helpful for me trying to make one from scratch.
I’ve been so grateful for this system, that I decided to revamp the whole module to provide type-checking and added documentation to functions that don’t have them.
progress.rbxm (9.7 KB)
EDIT: Made changes based on previous replies. Re-added the file.

3 Likes

Just as I looked into the source code, I got a stroke, so I reworked it, and now it’s more efficient and optimized! It uses the “TransAndColor” missing part type in a technical way since I removed the original “MissingPartType” property due to it’s questionable usability. It doesn’t use values and instead uses attributes for efficiency.
ProgressCircleNew.rbxm (8.1 KB)

Hi,
When I run your model, I think perhaps I do not have access to your image ID. Is there a public ID that can be used to see it working?

Thanks

input any circular image, and it will work just fine! (in script’s attributes)

This is a great resourse, but is it possible to make a car gauge similar to this post:

If it is I’m confused on how to do it as I’m not a UI Scripter or any sort.

1 Like

I apologize for bumping. I feel this is important:

If anyone has the issue where a pixel of the image is being shown when Progress=0 or Progress=1, you can set the UIGradient rotation for Frame1 and Frame2 to 0.01, 0 and -0.01, 0 respectively. I have yet to use this fix in a live game, so I’m unsure if there are any issues, so be cautious.

The issue in question:
vmBFXjO
(Progress=0)

1 Like

Oooo. it works, Thanks, and I don’t believe there will be any issues.

1 Like