City Loader Plugin - Templates for Real Life Buildings/Cities in Studio

Can you make it, so the buildings have color or texture once you select a place? or is that impossible?

The site seems to be down, sadly.

The https://zoid-dev.xyz is no longer up anymore

2 Likes

Yes actually, using python to edit the config & generation files, running this whole thing locally or through something like Heroku, Glitch, etc, and you can theoretically get 3D buildings working again too, which I am working on fixing for a flight simulator game I am testing out. I need to find another source for 3D buildings other than data.osmbuildings

How do you get the plugin files downloaded to your computer to modify them to get the City Loader Plugin working again? Plugins I’ve installed through the toolbox or the creator marketplace don’t get files installed on my computer.

1 Like

Behold the holy grail my brother, I hope this allows people to start working on it

Since this link is dead now, I saw that City Explorer has an archived tutorial on the wayback machine, type “https://github.com/jpatrickdill/roslip-opensource” into the URL box if you want, or

To keep it easy, a newer link that someone put up on Github

Right now I’m testing whether Mapbox will help me get elevations because currently, everything is flat, and no buildings are generating, these two issues, the buildings and elevation not properly generating, have to do with the api.py file with the lines about the buildings & elevation urls.

If you want to test it out yourself, live, having the tiles generate after you publish your game, go to Github and copy the project, roslip-opensource, and set it to private if you want, or public, doesn’t really matter. Heroku is paid now, well I mean it requires a credit card to do anything for free, so go to an actual free site possibly like Glitch and then after making an account, you can import a project from Github. This puts all the python files from the github project to live use/for a test, and now allows you to change the building & elevation url when you configure the python files on Glitch.

To do this 24/7, with up to 100s of players at a time means you might have to pay for a more premium plan with these sites that let you deploy stuff like this, like how Glitch does it, although they give you a free tier to test, that shuts off every 5 minutes, just type into the terminals to avoid a forced shut down before the 5 minutes are up.

However, if you do not want to use Glitch or any live site, you can run this test locally and only on Roblox Studio using Windows Powershell, it goes into detail in the tutorial.

2 Likes

Heroku is paid now, well I mean it requires a credit card to do anything for free, so go to an actual free site possibly like Glitch and then after making an account, you can import a project from Github.

Vercel has incredible free hosting that I use for my production servers and has not failed. GitHub Pages would be better for a static site.

1 Like

As a roblox developer who is working on a flight sim called AeroX 2024 u mightve heard of it its better to code it from scratch

1 Like

Plus the apis do work for building and elavation i have put them in my browser they give me data it might just be errors in fetching it

1 Like

just got buildings working heres a image of KMCO some tiles dont load of a small bug ill fix it

1 Like

Why isn’t the fixed version working?

5 Likes

im working on it right now sorry about the 1 motn wait

Turns out there was a bug with a conversion system for the api since it broke im fixing it right now ill tell you when its back up

i just fixed it make sure you put scale 1-3 for best results (go in plugin settings and update it)

Does it still work? I Really Need this

i just fixed it just go update it

Okay Thanks

–bypass character limit :smiley:

How do i Use it kinda confused lol thanks

Oh Figured out but its a Little Buggy

Nice it can be buggy but it works