Clicking VIP server links leads to games page rather than connecting to game

Platforms this bug occurs on Mobile and Tablet.

If you click on a VIP server link it’s supposed to take you to the VIP server and put you in it. This is what happens on PC, however, if you click on a VIP server link on mobile it just opens an internet browser page of that game. It doesn’t take you to the VIP server.

This bug is always occurring, according to multiple users online.

12 Likes

I can’t say much as on iPhone when you press play on the roblox website it opens roblox and then opens the app store but anyways I believe this happens because the protocol that is called to launch the Roblox Client with the VIP Server ID isn’t compatible with mobile so It just leaves you there on the game page. (Take with a grain of salt though)

3 Likes

What happens is, you tap on a vip server link and it take you to the browser. It will ask you to open the roblox app and it puts you in public server not the vip server you tapped on.

3 Likes

What happens when you click a VIP Sever link is that your page refreshes to a unique game link which then automatically puts you in the game. Since we can’t use the Desktop port of ROBLOX to open up games on mobile (all done through the app independently), the game fails to launch because it has no program to rely on.

I think the more concerning thing here is that ROBLOX hasn’t figured out a way to implement VIP servers into the mobile app yet. I’m surprised more people haven’t complained about this.

3 Likes

I think the reason more people haven’t complained because it’s only VIP server links. You can still join VIP servers you own or are invited to (either by being friends or by being manually added by the server owner).

2 Likes

Ah, I see. In that case I still think it would be smart for ROBLOX to add a function to these links in the mobile app, as instances like these do still tend to happen few and far between as proved by the post being created in the first place.

2 Likes

Bug is still unfixed.

Explained more in the following video:

From 7:02

1 Like

This bug still exists and is causing a lot of mobile users hassle.

2 Likes

I’ve clicked on things that should lead to an app, to a specific post or something. Most of the time it just takes me to the app store (OR rarely the home page of the app). However, if I already have the app open and try to open something in an app, it works. This is my experience on an iPhone, but it seems like this could be very correlated. Roblox might not have any power over this.

1 Like

Also, when I try joining a regular game via the website on mobile, instead of redirecting me to the app it redirects me to the roblox app on the itunes store.

So this issue, has been going on a good amount of time, and also…

3 Likes