Client Anti Cheats: Aren't as bad as you think!

Do you really think they’d do a bypass for each version? This is pointless and will be discovered and bypassed either way.

byfron is the same thing in every client (an anti-tamper located in the .krampus section of roblox)

not that hard to fake a bypass, use uwp and execute all the scripts, photoshop the uwp titlebar out and replace it with the x64 one, take a picture of process hacker and add it to a new layer. (the only people i believe who got past byfron are the script-ware devs, as they are competent)

2 Likes

Don’t forget about Client Prediction where you run the same code as the server did while keeping the it’s authority

Honestly, brother, I’ve seen lots of bad posts and replies on the devforum but nothing tops this one

Tell me how would you check if an exploiter ran a simple script (example: “Hello world!”)

And if everyone SHOULD use the server and not the client, why are there bounties for example Synapse X having bounties for Client Detections that goes up to 1K+$??

And why would ER:LC, a popular roblox game, have an OBFUSCATED Client Anti Cheat?

Forgot that image editors are a thing :skull:, but I guess you’re right, they can use the UWP, and fake everything I thought it was real because It had the new version of robloxplayer, also the scriptware one is suspicious as well, they screenshotted that like 3 months ago, but they are still not back, so It might be fake?, who knows.

Bit’s personal game engine is written in Rust (His favorite language too.), so if he possibly gets his hands on an executor he may reverse engineer if willingly.

1 Like

They are making sure it works fine since they have to do the V3 as well

Same situation with synapse

1 Like

Well if they obfuscated it, then we definitely can. No one’s doing it yet.

Obfuscating does indeed work, you can’t unobfuscate code at all, the best thing exploiters can do is somehow get the constant (Their decompiler will still show the obfuscated result or just straight up crash)

Well is there a tutorial for it?

You can search obfuscators for lua around the internet

Well, is that the #1 client anticheat must-have?

Yeah, because then exploiters will bypass the anti cheat on 1 second, or just disable it and copy the handshake code aka replicate it.

Well, that’s great. Wonder why people don’t usually google this.

Probably because they can still hook or force the script to error with basics metamethods hooks that’s why I said the actor + hiding both actor and localscript solution is the best thing rn, also the environment is deleted after hiding the script, the script is just gone, I doubt nil:Destroy() would even work here lol.

You’re basically free to make anti cheats with that method without worrying about spoofs because NO free executor has run_on_actor, the free ones can’t execute before the local scripts hides the actor and hides itself aka set everysingle property to nil and lock it so they can’t move the script back to the game, or disable it.

if you call :Destroy() on something which is already parented to nil, then it doesn’t change.

When you run it, it literally sets the parent to nil anyway.

1 Like

Obfuscation doesn’t magically stop the script from being bypassed; all it does is “hide” the code so they can’t as easily find weak points.

Acutally, it is very possible to deobfuscate obfuscated code, depends on the obfuscator there are plenty of deobfuscators that are released.

2 Likes

Most deuobfuscators if not all beautify the code, and that’s pretty much all they do, they aren’t magically getting the variables and functions which is the important thing, exploiters still have to resolve the unreadable code.

The only way they could get the full source is if the obfuscator that the person used has an deobfuscate function, that resolves everything, then that obfuscator is pretty much useless, and they are many other options out there.

1 Like

so can ER:LC’s local anti-cheat be deobfuscated?

1 Like