Client destruction of character objects replicates to server

I’m surprised nothing has came out of this.

Recently there has been a bombardment of exploiters running around without limbs and breaking some key scripts on our game. Not only that, Deleting other “hitboxes” in the character can make them invincible and immune from any damage. This took us forever to figure out because this was not documented anywhere and was only noticed recently because of the Devforum. :Destroy() should never be replicated from client>server because that’s only asking for trouble.

5 Likes

It’s nice to have scripts in the character, because you don’t have to put systems in place to make sure the character exists. I understand CharacterAdded works, but it’s a pain to disconnect all the connections from the old character.

1 Like

For anyone following, I just recreated it and this is now completely fixed. Probably since the introduction of Byfron.

I used the same local script but included deleting values and scripts aswell, nothing replicated to the server.

It’s actually because of the feature called “RejectCharacterDeletions” which patched most of the exploits, Byfron is just an anti temper software and nothing else, It isn’t an anti cheat.

2 Likes