Client Kills Wi-Fi Connection

Is this happening to anyone else? : /

1 Like

If I may mention, the new ā€œKicked for high pingā€ Apocalypse Rising update did not help my stuttering wi-fi situation at all, @Gusmanak . My friend Steve_U and I both got kicked repeatedly although neither of us experienced any heavy lag (needless to say we donā€™t lagswitch). Kicking players for high ping definitely isnā€™t the answer to whatever you were aiming to fix. This is the line where iā€™ll stop playing AR until solutions can be made to this wi-fi problem.

I donā€™t like to bump, much less my own posts, but is there any word on Roblox looking into this issue? I was just at my WIP game and it cut my wi-fi about 2 minutes in, so this is still a problem for me.

1 Like

Yeah, Iā€™m still experiencing this, although my Wifi cuts out after about 10 seconds - it can sometimes be as long as 2 minutes and as short as 2 seconds, though.

Could it be that your router has packet flood protection thatā€™s triggering because Roblox client is sending/receiving a lot of what looks like random (i.e. encrypted) UDP packets?

Hey! Sorry for the late resonse!

Well, after further research, It canā€™t be to do with my WiFi because it is fine on my laptop; and yet I still cannot connect to the roblox client on my desktop PC :confused:

On my PC, I join and then all I see is the skybox - In task manager it shows that I am recieveing 2-3 mbps so the ROBLOX client is definitely recieving data to try and load the game but then I just get CURL errors about connection timeout in the dev console and my internet connection drops for about 1 minute after that and then it is back to normal again.

When those errors start occurring, do you see an explicit disconnect? I.e. on your PC, change your wifi network settings to not connect automatically, and then connect manually, and see if it disconnects on its own, while youā€™re running Roblox.

Well it doesnā€™t actually ā€œDisconnectā€, it usually goes ā€œLimitedā€ or still stays showing connected but my browser or any other internet related thing doesā€™t work after starting the ROBLOX client.

One more thing: if you have a laptop connected to the same wifi network, does the Limited sign appear on both computers when Roblox is running on your desktop PC, or just the PC?

Nope, just the desktop :confused:

Good! Hereā€™s one more thing to try: see if your router supports wifi transfer speeds higher than baseline 56 Mbit/s. If so, set it to 56 and try again.

OK, yes - the router supports speeds higher than 56 Mbit/s!!

Set what to 56? As far as I know, the router is running at the max speed it is recieving.

So just to test the thing, set the router max transmission speed to the baseline 56Mbit/s and try running Roblox. Iā€™ve seen quite a few wifi chips/usb dongles promising support for greater speeds, and then failing miserably.

OK, I set it to the baseline which was actually 54Mbit/s and Roblox still didnā€™t work :frowning:

1 Like

Any ideas?

Well, I ran out of ideas, tbh. Maybe try using a (different) wifi dongle, if you have one, and see if it breaks.

i think i have the same issue but it still says the wifi is connected (on mac)