Client vs Character Loaded

Does the character on the server always load/respawns before the client is “done” when a player joins the game?

I just don’t know the whole order of things when a player joins the game, if the character is loaded or not.

Yeah it’s a bit confusing. As far as I’m aware (someone please correct me if I’m wrong), it’s something like this:

1. Player enters game
  2. ReplicatedFirst is replicated to player & any LocalScripts there are executed
  3. Workspace/ReplicatedStorage is replicated to player (game:IsLoaded() method and game.Loaded event)
    -- From ReplicatedFirst LocalScript to check when game is loaded
    if not game:IsLoaded() then game.Loaded:Wait() end

4. Character is spawned
  5. StarterGui contents are replicated to player’s PlayerGui

So to answer your question: No, I don’t believe the character is loaded before client is done. At least that’s what it looks like from the client’s perspective.

One caveat: If you’re using streaming, then it might act a bit differently, since the game purposefully does not load completely (in regards to objects in the workspace).

3 Likes

Somewhere in some obscure location of either the devhub or forum is a list of exactly what loads in order. I can’t find it, but I’ll update this reply if I do.

or

this?

1 Like

The first one. Good find!