[CLOSED] Is 200 player servers worth it?

I’m trying to make a training center, which I have set to have 200 player pr. server. But, I was wondering, is it worth it?

I don’t know if it worth it, because this is my first time building one, and I need other people’s opinions. So far I have tried researching it for some help, but I haven’t founded anything that answers my question.

And yes, I am in the Beta Program

2 Likes

So most groups usually start out with 80 or so players. It depends on how much your game has in it. The main issues I see is lag. Hope this helped!

2 Likes

Alright, I will try it out!

While 200 player servers are a feature I think its fair to say roblox cant reliably handle even 100, and thats on a normal PC, on low end devices we are talking sub-30. Honestly for a training centre you could probs get away with ~50 without major lag.

5 Likes

Alright, I’ll try out 30-50 player servers.

I’ve been hosting 110+ player battles (with guns I made and a large terrain map) with little to no lag.

EDIT: Image

3 Likes

I re-iterate on the majority of devices on roblox on the majority of games it will cause lag.

1 Like

Depends what the training center is for. I don’t think you’ll need a 200 player server for a training center to be honest. Most training centers are set to around 30-50 players depending on what you’re doing.

1 Like

Maybe for mobile devices, but I’d argue a majority of my members are running your average home PC and internet speeds.

1 Like

Something like 70% of Roblox’s playerbase is non PC users, so I repeat my point about the majority of players.

2 Likes

200 player servers get extremely laggy and tend to crash within minutes.
Those who use mobile will tend to crash will almost crash immediately. A buch of mobile players have problems with servers with over 50 players though.
While pc users won’t have too much of a problem.
That being said, I’d say that 200 player servers aren’t completely worth it when it comes to a smaller game.
Since your just making a training center, you won’t need a server with 200 max players.
At least 50 players servers will do great without large amounts of lag, but that mainly depends on how many parts there are in your game.

1 Like

It isnt worth it in my opinion (I know this post was already answered) however, It is somewhat possible to have a 200 player server + more? even though its very unstable. Of course some things have to be taken into consideration such as LOD and reducing the rendering by using a “magnitude based rendering” type of system:

1 Like

I guess it also depends what you contain inside of your game. If you have add-on things which will make the game lag, it won’t survive with 200 players.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 14 minutes. New replies are no longer allowed.