NINJAMASTR999 (MacAndSwiss) | Programming-focused Developer

About Me

Hello there! I am NINJAMASTR999, known elsewhere as MacAndSwiss. I am a jack-of-all-trades game developer who primarily focuses on scripting. I’ve been on the platform for over 9 years, but have recently started to put more time and energy into development.

Portfolio at a Glance

• Developer for 2+ years
  • Scripter for medium-scale games
  • Skilled in Lua (excl. interfacing with external databases with HTTPService)
  • Learning 3D modelling, able to complete small tasks
  • Game design/marketing enthusiast

Showcase

[Developer Education]

My primary focus on the platform, even over scripting personally, is on developer education.
I have been fortunate enough to work with members of Roblox’s Education department to put together Coding with Roblox Lua in 24 Hours: The Official Roblox Guide.

I am listed as a contributor (you can verify from the preview here) and had a hand in writing 3 of the 24 chapters along with editing various others.

Screenshot

My education work extends to YouTube, where I have been working on a series to teach scripting from the bottom-up. It has been seen and indirectly endorsed by the team via tweet. You can find the original source of that here.

Screenshot

[Scripting] Legends of Clucky

My current project is Legends of Clucky as a full-stack programmer. It is expected to be out by summer of 2021.

Key Responsibilities
  • Create and maintain backend code for round progression, experience/leveling, and data storage.
  • Manage communication between the server and client using remote events and remote functions.
  • Squash bugs and ensuring that everything on the client and server sides work smoothly.

[Scripting] Miscellaneous Projects

These are mostly games and projects which have never quite panned out, but still offered me an opportunity to learn new ideas and systems.

These include:

• Aero Game Framework (AGF)
  • Roact, Rodux, and Roact/Rodux
  • CFrames, Networking, and general Roblox API material
Specific details and project names

[Scripting] Previous Project: RTC Simulator

The project that I have spent the most time and effort into is a now-defunct game known as RTC Simulator, a game based off of the Roblox Twitter Community.

Key Responsibilities
  • Knowledge of Data Stores, including the well-known DataStore2
  • Usage of RemoteEvents and RemoteFunctions to communicate between the server and client
  • Usage of ModuleScripts as a way to avoid copying pre-existing code and organize coding structure better

[Scripting] Current Project: Social Media Simulator

An ill-fated attempt to resurrect the previously-mentioned RTC simulator. The plan was to produce a game that creates meaningful changes to the simulation genre, and produce a small but dedicated following.

Key Responsibilities
  • Currently learning using external tools (Aero Game Framework) to familiarize myself with different coding styles
  • Experimenting with metatables and metamethods to introduce object-oriented programming into the workflow
  • Learning to create UI using Roact and Rodux to streamline process
  • Pre-planning and experimenting with various gameplay elements to better understand player expectations within a Roblox game

[3D Modelling/GFX] Miscellaneous: Graphics Design

I am currently learning how to utilize Blender to its fullest extent to produce ads, profile banners and much more, as well as experimenting with small 3D modelling projects.

Examples

Profile Banners

Youtube Thumbnail Art

Some 3D Models made in Blender (A tree, rock, cloud and well)

Availability

I am generally available for work for 6-8 hours a day during the summer, though that may vary depending on circumstances.

Payment

I prefer USD as opposed to Robux due to the time required to DevEx and liquidity. Payment is negotiable, and depends on the size of the project.

Contact

You can contact me here on the Developer Forum or through these various channels:

Thanks for reading! I hope to hear back soon.

3 Likes

What is Roact and Rodux
???

Roact and Rodux are UI frameworks, which aims to improve the experience of creating UI elements and managing them.

You can check out Roact here and Rodux here!