Closing big places and clicking "Save" on the exit prompt no longer saves, erasing all changes without recovery files

As of very recently, clicking the “Save” button on the exit prompt that appears when you close the studio window no longer works for places on the site above a certain size.image

I have tested in three places of sizes 10MB, 11.6MB and 17KB. The small place which was just an empty baseplate did not have this issue, but the other two do and with those it seems to fail every time. All these places save properly when they are local files however.

To reproduce it on the site I simply need to change something in the place, attempt to close the window, click save on the prompt and open again to see nothing has saved.

This must have started happening sometime yesterday since it has never happened before. Yesterday I closed my place and saved using this prompt like I always do, only to find all those hours of work gone today with no recovery files what so ever.

My current roblox studio version is: 0. 413. 0. 368698 64bit

7 Likes

After 3 hours of work on my neural network module, I reaaaaally hope that this is just because Roblox is kind of down right now and isn’t loading the up to date save.
Otherwise, I’m going to have a bad day.

1 Like

This has happened to me many times, and it is very annoying, cause when you put hours of work into something and then it not saving, it is just very triggering.
I would be very happy for this to be fixed since this has annoying and triggered many people in the past and many people now.

2 Likes

Hey guys, i havent tested this yet but you could save for example, 5 files in a different carpet, maybe one of them will load properly, or instead, publish the file to roblox. I hope this help for your issues :+1:

The issue has been fixed. It is working now.

1 Like

I just tried and again and it’s not fixed. How big was the place you saved?

1 Like

My place was pretty big with about 120k parts

What is the file size if you choose save to file?

1 Like

The place file size is 13 mb big.

Interesting. Is anyone able to reproduce this bug? And if so does it matter what the file size is?

1 Like

@Panwellz Can you send me one of the places you are having this issue with in a DM? Also, if you could include the placeIds where this occurred that would be helpful. What beta features do you have enabled?

@Panwellz the source of this bug was “Async Publishing”. We weren’t waiting for the publish to finish prior to closing. We’ve disabled this feature for now. We apologize for any problems this has caused you.

3 Likes

You can try pressing file in the top left corner then press publish to Roblox.

Lost a full day’s work on a new vehicle thanks to this :confused:

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.