Code Autocomplete Broken As Of 6/30

This wasn’t an issue yesterday as far as I could tell. Seems to have just started today.

Code Autocomplete in studio is “sticky”. Previously, if I didn’t choose the autocomplete’s suggestion and just clicked onto a new line, the autocomplete would disappear as it’s no longer relevant.

Now the autocomplete prompt sticks around no matter how far from the line I click away. It only disappears when I hit enter, or start typing in the new spot.

Not a super huge issue, but it is annoying as the prompt box is kind of obtrusive and now doesn’t go away with clicking. The box also hangs around even if I finish typing the line manually. If I type out “true” manually without choosing the autocomplete option, the prompt still remains.

19 Likes

Thank you for the bug report, we will investigate and reach out if we need any more information.

7 Likes

Follow-up: We have found the root cause of this new regression in Autocomplete, which causes the menu to remain open after the text cursor is moved by mouse click. We have patched the issue internally, but unfortunately the fix can only be shipped with the next general Studio release on July 12 (the release on the fifth is skipped due to the holiday).In the mean time, consider these workarounds:

1. Autocomplete can be closed at any time with the escape key.
  2. Navigation by keyboard should be unaffected.
  3. Autocomplete can be switched to fully manual mode by unchecking the setting in Studio Settings → Script Editor → Enable On-Type Autocomplete.

We’re sorry for the problem, thank you so much for your patience.

10 Likes

Not sure if there’s been a full roll-out yet. But as of today it’s still an active issue.

it will be released today 1pm-2pm EST Maybe

I am taking the update times of the past weeks as a reference for this, I may be wrong

Hello, this issue should now be fixed after a Studio restart.

1 Like

Sorry I couldn’t get back to you sooner. It’s now several days after the update, so I’m definitely using the latest version of Studio and this is still an active issue.

1 Like

As an update, a couple of days after we released v583 we were forced to revert Studio back to v582 for an unrelated issue, which reintroduced this bug as Studio v582 did not contain the fix. We have now re-released v583 so the bug should be fixed (again).

1 Like