Codify - Convert to TypeScript, Fusion, React, Luau, Vide, Rojo

Version 2.4.9

Get on Roblox Get on Itch.io

Demo version →

• Updated internal HTTP requests library to try and mitigate API dump fetch errors
  • Added a button to clear cached API dump under Settings → Diagnostics
1 Like

HI @cxmeels, i am attempted to purchase Codify v2 but as your last comments indicate, you are about to release v3?

Do old user from v2 have free upgrade to plugin v3?

v3 will be a free update to the existing plugin.

It’s still a work in progress, but aims to improve the quality and performance of the plugin overall.

I had planned on stopping updates to v2, but there were some issues that were affecting multiple users that warranted further updates. I am unlikely to add any additional features beyond patches and bug fixes in the current version, however.

2 Likes

Some feedback, since you use AWS for fetching API dump, i already had a few times i couldn’t reach the API dump, leaving me stranded. If that fails you should have a fallback like storing the returned json in the plugin rblx itself in a module or something. although the plugin stored version will not be guaranteed up to date, it will likely will contain almost all property data that will be needed at any given time, preventing us from getting stranded.

I considered this but was worried it might bloat out the file size a lot?

Remember that you would then have the static dump and the cached fetched dump on your system if the request succeeded.

I’m happy to add a static dump as a fallback if people are okay with this though.