I have something to request:
In the ‘Fusion’ framework, there should be the option to instead of using

return New "ScreenGui" {
  Name="Main",
  [Children]={
    -- children here
  }
}
  • Be able to change if ‘Fusion’ is mentioned constantly (Fusion.New, Fusion.Children, etc.}
  • Be able to use parentheses New("ScreenGui")({Name="Main"})
    So it’d look like this:
return Fusion.New("ScreenGui")({
  Name="Main",
  [Fusion.Children]={
    -- children here
  }
})

That’d be really useful for developers using Fusion.

(and yes, I know you will add the option to remove ‘return’ from Fusion and React-lua frameworks.)

1 Like

This is already available in the settings tab. Select Fusion from the framework drop-down and change the Create Method and Children Key fields to “Fusion.New” and “Fusion.Children” respectively.

I’m reworking the UI to make it clearer than some options are specific to frameworks.

I’ll take this on board. If you’re developing outside of Roblox (i.e. on your filesystem with a tool like Rojo to sync and build), you can use StyLua to format your code. This will add the brackets around function calls.

Didnt notice settings were for each framework.

Hey, does the v3 already release or not? Thank you!

v3 is still in development at the moment. I don’t get an awful lot of time to work on it, but I’ll post an update here when it’s released.

Anyone who has already purchased Codify will receive the v3 update for free; however, Codify will be closed (or partially closed) source starting from v3.

1 Like

Version 2.4.3

Get on Roblox Get on Itch.io

Demo version →

This is a small patch. See details below:

• The JSX framework is now visible by default. It can be disabled from “Settings → Experimental → TypeScript JSX”.
  • Changed the UI font from Gotham to Montserrat in response to the deprecation of Gotham: Introducing Builder Font + Deprecating Gotham and Arial
  • Replace the About panel with a new Diagnostics panel in the Settings tab. This will attempt to show internal data relating to your license, cached API dump data, and general plugin information.
1 Like

Any reason why Services aren’t included?

You can’t create a service. Do you have a specific scenario where you’d need to be able to Codify a service?

3 Likes

Copying the current properties of a Service to utilize later on with code was something I was interested in seeing.

Gotcha. I think this would be better implemented as an optional toggle. I wouldn’t like to give new developers the impression that services are creatable, so this doesn’t seem like something that should be enabled by default.

Hey!

Haven’t used this plugin in quite a while, today i wanted to codify some instances into Fusion, unfortunately something seems to be not working on my end as the “Working on it…” message never goes away and the code is never generated. No errors in output, HTTP and studio API requests are all enabled and the plugin has all neccessary permissions.

Any idea what could be causing that?
Thanks!

When do you think support for vide will come out?

I’m not sure! It could have been a fault on Roblox’s end. In the latest version I’ve enabled the HTTP manager to print an error if it fails, so you’ll be able to share any errors logged to the output with me.

I’ve just published v2.4.5 which includes basic Vide support :sparkling_heart: :tada:

Version 2.4.4

Demo version →

• Added a toggle to remove the return prefix from generated snippets. Find it under Settings → Generation → Include Return for supported frameworks.
  • Enabled HTTP module to output errors in the event of failure.
1 Like

Version 2.4.5

Demo version →

• :tada: Added foundational support for Vide.
3 Likes

Seems like the free version has been removed or is private?

It seems to be have been moderated. I’m not sure why as it’s almost exactly the same as the paid version, but I’ve appealed it. Will update the thread when it’s available again.

The free version is also available via Itch (under the demo link) if you’re happy manually installing it.

1 Like

Ah, I didn’t scroll down entirely that page. My bad!

Hello, I have been using this plugin for a while and it seems like it’s not working right now. When I tried to generate snippet into Fusion, it was stuck in the “working on it” message. I don’t see any errors in the output and I am on version 2.4.5. Is there any way to fix it?

I’m not entirely sure what causes this bug, but there will be a different backend implementation in the v3 update, which is currently being worked on, that should fix this and be capable of logging errors.

In the meantime, could you try restarting the plugin by disabling and re-enabling it?