Composition feedback?

we have all of these different support categories, but none for composers, i ask why not?

Composition is a hard thing to get into and providing a support category would be of great value.

3 Likes

Maybe it is art? I also doubted about it, it might fit the concept of sound design?

Oh yes, it says right here:

2 Likes

eh, it would still be better to differentiate the two, whilst music is a art form, wouldnt it be better to differentiate the two? the average user is going to assume art is digital graphics etc, not sound design.

1 Like

I think why is that compared to support category’s like art design or building composers aren’t really as big of a dev community also you can post music feedback in cool creations and if you need help with music you could look on youtube or ask in art design support.

2 Likes

That’s a misconception. Art is anything with visual and auditorial expressions. As I have mentioned earlier, it is written in the #development-support:art-design-support’s pinned post.

Might as well change the name, but I don’t really know what fits better.

2 Likes

yeah i get this, i just feel like having its own subcatagory would help streamline the experience alot more, especially for new composers/ artists coming to the devforum for the first time not knowing where to post, we have a hard enough time with people posting in the wrong category already, its a simple and (hopefully) effective change.

i see where your coming from though.

Yet, having too many categories just makes the devforum look clunky. It fits well in the art category and has no problem “standing out” in the collection of posts

what about renaming “art design support” to something like “art and sound design support” or something like that, its a basic idea.

Sound design is still art, so that’s redundant. Art for games is a very wide category, so it’s not feasible to explicitly differentiate every subcategory, or add them to the name of the art design category. Users are intended to read the pinned About thread in categories to discover where to post if they’re confused about niche cases.

3 Likes