Compute Efficiency: Monitor Your Experience Compute Performance and View Real-Time Metrics by Hourly or Daily

Will there ever be options to support games that Roblox’s servers just fundamentally cannot run right now? For example games with very large amounts of simulated parts or with complex building and wiring mechanics. Right now you’re just SOL if Luau isn’t fast enough to run it all, because Roblox is going to keep running the server on a Pentium from 2007 no matter how much you wish for a CPU from the last decade.

9 Likes

You can press Ctrl + F6 to enable it regardless of whether you’re currently on a client/server!

8 Likes

This could have some issues e.g a literal Baseplate would have super high efficiency while physics-heavy genres would probably suffer

11 Likes

Great, even more clicks to reach the most relevant information. Can we at least get an option to set “client” tab as default?

7 Likes

Will we get more long term stats, mainly visits for each month like dev stats, with that whole page going away id love to still see how my game preforms in the past few years

8 Likes

I support this a lot if devs would be rewarded for having optimized code i could clearly see a giant boost in server performance overall for roblox, which i suppose its a win win situation for both parties.

5 Likes

Thanks for feedback, we’ll look into the effort required to add time interval to the other analytics pages.

4 Likes

This is cool to see, but I feel like it wasn’t explained super well.

What does this actually mean?
How is it measured?
Is efficiency above 100% good? Is efficiency below 100% bad??

My games efficiency seems to be ~150%, which makes me think that’s good, but I’ve also seen boatbomber tweet that they have ~1100%.

And also does this actually affect anything yet? Or is it only so we can feel good that we don’t increase Roblox’s power bill?

2 Likes

Glad you’re all improving the analytical tools! I hope to see an improvement in the in-game Script Activity menu as currently it’s garbage (very unclear on what is active/inactive, filter doesn’t work, can’t select anything to keep a specific script monitored, can’t switch to client-sided scripts, etc)

2 Likes

My game has 102% and it preformes with no lag.

1 Like

Hello luca how u been, hope sgs3 is doing good

2 Likes

Amazing feature, great job Roblox!

2 Likes

Thanks! We are looking into more offering more granularity and will certainly note your feedback about client side charts.

4 Likes

Thanks for this! We are looking into options to provide tooling around server memory profiling and optimization. More to come!

5 Likes

It would be nice for this to have a benchmark feature, similar to what is seen in the “Monetization” tab, where you can see how your game stacks up compared to others:

I know the “Baseline Efficiency” is 100%, but I do not think the majority of ROBLOX games meet that baseline… or I could be wrong! But I would not know either way, since we don’t have a benchmark feature to this.

Having a benchmark feature, similar to the one seen in the “Monetization” tab of games, would help us developers know how our games compare to other games, especially our competitors, and from there we can figure out how to improve.

I know this is a very new feature, but I think this is a good idea.

2 Likes

I agree, I have no idea if my game is performing bad or not compared to other games. There are games that uses more resources than others as well and is hard to maintain that Baseline Efficiency. I am at 40% right now…

They mention though that it represents the average compute performance…?

But honestly, with how laggy some games get is hard to believe we have such a perfect 100%.

2 Likes

My game, World War Tycoon, sits at somewhere between 40-60%, averages out at around 55%.

Yeah, I agree with you, I doubt the average of all games ever is a perfect 100%. That’s likely the ‘ideal’ they want us to uphold, however.

Something odd is, I have this old, very out-of-date game that regularly goes over 100% efficiency… it’s odd.

2 Likes

So this is completely useless for experiences with no concurrent players?

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.