Conceptualising a SciFi promenade

I’ve recently been struggling with creativity and generating concepts for my projects - My current aim is to create a SciFi promenade which is essentially the Hub of the game.

My main idea is to have it as a StarBase & luckilt because of the method of transportation within the game, I only really need to design an interior.

I’ve taken ideas from Star Trek, Star Gate and so forth and none seem to sit with me. How do you overcome this block? And how can I work on concepts comfortably again.

Thank you,

Sketch what you’re imagining on a piece of paper as best as you can. You should be able to dream up your idea and make it come to life. Even rough drafts and messy sketches can sometimes hit the right part of your brain to make you take off in your game development because you’ve hit that “a-ha” moment.

Put some relaxing music on (maybe something like this might help), close your eyes for a minute and just dream about what you would want to walk into if it was real life, and it would just blow you away.

I found the below to be a quite well-written post with some good incite on burnout if that’s what you may be experiencing…?

See below.

Overcoming Burnout

Best of luck! :happy1:

1 Like