Copyrighted Audios

Hello, Snizzle here.

This question has been bugging me lately. “Is it actually possible to gain permission to use a song in your Roblox game?” And I don’t mean uncopyrighted songs, I mean songs that are copyrighted like songs you normally hear on social media or the radio.

So is it actually possible to gain permission from the copyright holder to use their song within your game and not be copyrighted?

Thank you for reading this.

2 Likes

Yes, it’s fully possible. However, the audio might be taken down because Roblox doesn’t know if you have the legal license to use it. They said they’re working on a system for that however.

For anyone curious for the post in question:

Yes you have to find a way to get a license to the music by contacting the owner of the song.

So if I email or get into contact with the copyright holder of the song and if they grant me permission, can I email Roblox showing them the proof of them granting me permission and do you think that will work?

I highly doubt it, because then other users can find and use that uploaded audio without you or the copyright holders permission.

1 Like

True, but Roblox would take down their games since it has copyrighted content.