Core Gui Transparency

Anyone know how to or if you are able to make all these transparent?

Why?
It looks a bit weird to have dark sides and topbar clear that is why I ask.

currently using a local script with
game.Players.LocalPlayer:WaitForChild(“PlayerGui”):SetTopbarTransparency(1)

1 Like

game:GetService(“StarterGui”):SetCore("TopbarEnabled", false)

It removes definitely everything.

I think he meant changing the background transparency of the chat frame and the player list, not hiding them? :thinking:

We shall wait for his reply then…

Unfortunately, because the PlayerList is not a part of the main UI it is (probably) not alterable. However, the chat recently was updated to be completely open-sourced and editable for all games, so you can use a script to alter the chat frame itself or put a script in the “Chat” service to do it.

If you’re in play solo, you’re able to find the correct path of the frame you need to change.

Hopefully this helps. :slight_smile:

(since im bad at explaining pm me for more details)

Are you doing that as a LocalScript in StarterPlayer?

There is no way to modify the transparency of the core UI at the moment.

If you really need this feature, I would suggest making a feature request.

CORRECTION :

This might be of use.

http://wiki.roblox.com/index.php?title=Lua_Chat_System/Client_API/ChatWindow#FadeOutBackground

Im not trying to do the text mainly the backgrounds so they all match and are clear unless it would just be more easer to disable them and code a special chat and leaderboard system.

The API I linked only fades out the background, not the text.

Sorry, Was a bit confused saying the title was " Lua Chat System /Client API/ChatWindow"

Yes, that should be in a LocalScript or a ModuleScript running on the client, and like @joritochip mentioned, There’s no possible way to change the PlayerList apart from hiding it using the void :SetCoreGuiEnabled, However, the chat like jorito mentioned, can be edited and can be accessed through game.Players.LocalPlayer:WaitForChild("PlayerGui").Chat, You can also find the gui when you run solo mode, Navigate to Players > LocalPlayer (YourPlayer) > PlayerGui and you should find a gui by the name of “Chat”, you can open it and see its contents, and in fact, you can edit the content’s properties as you wish.

For this example, I changed the BackgroundColor3 for some frames and now the chat looks fresh and stylish:
RobloxStudioBeta_2018-01-01_21-44-25

6 Likes