CoreGui script for Humanoid Display

I’m talking about this. I’m trying to find the script that displays this.
I couldn’t find it in the ROBLOX github. Where can I find it?

2 Likes

its under humanoid

If you want to re-create the humanoid name and/or healthbar, you’ll need to do it manually – it’s done on the C-side instead of a Lua corescript. You can use DisplayDistanceType (for name+health) or HealthDisplayType (for just health) to toggle the visibility of these components if you need to exchange them for custom replacements.

1 Like

Like EchoReaper said, it is rendered on the C++ end.

1 Like

Is the default Humanoid Display a BillboardGui?

No way to tell as we can’t see the internal implementation. Likely not since humanoid names existed far before BillboardGuis did, but you should be able to replicate the same behavior with BillboardGuis. I don’t know if you’ll be able to match the appearance exactly though.

Kinda, but not exactly. Roblox has a backend for drawing adorns generically, and GuiBase objects just act as a Lua interface to this system. Roblox can do direct draw calls to this system, and this is what the Humanoid does. It manually redraws the health bar on each frame.

I don’t really know why they’re still doing it this way, but I’m guessing that its just a legacy thing that no one has bothered to upgrade. They could totally port it into Lua if they wanted to.