CoreScripts/ExperienceChatMain is causing insane amounts of lag in servers with 10+ players

I would post this in BugReports but I cant, besides its probably not a bug

@DiscombobulatedJack and I have been making some games however they’ve been all been having the exact same issue that causes insane amounts of lag and we cant figure out whats causing it.

The ExperienceChatMain only starts causing lag (20+ fps loss) once the server reaches ~10 players and its causing people to even crash, mobile users especially.

We’ve tried to optimize the game as much as we could in literally every other way (without sacrificing visuals, the map is very optimized already)

If you play the game alone you can expect to see your FPS at 50+, sadly this is not the case when with more players.

I would send the MicroProfiler dump but I dont know how to do that…

The issue can be found on this game:

They could be tied to heartbeat? Heartbeat’s also taking that long, so it could be on your end, but it could very well be the other way around; I highly doubt a core script causes that much lag.

I looked at all the heartbeats in the game, none of them have anything to do with the Chat at all.
There was some unnecessary heartbeats which I’ve removed, hopefully that fixes it but I don’t think that’ll be whats causing it.

Yea I doubt it too thats why its so confusing. I wish the microprofiler gave more insight as to what caused things :confused:

Did you check script activity in the developer console? that gives slightly more insight as to script usage.

Yeah… not much really goes on in there from what I can tell

I think I found the script thats causing the problem, there was one script that went to 0.8 a lot
We’ll see if it works

thanks for the help

Bump. It in fact did not get better after checking all the scripts that deal with .heartbeat

I really dont know :slightly_frowning_face:

seems to have been an issue for an alarming while
smh…

1 Like