Create and Manage Subscriptions within your Experience

I highly disagree with this approach, you should be able to pay with Robux just like in the existing private server system.
The player should get reminders before payment date and should also be notified if they need to top-up their Robux to keep the subscription going.
In the case where the player has no Robux on payment day, their subscription should automatically get cancelled after a couple of charge attempts throughout the day.

maybe it was harsh of me to say, i’m really just not sure anymore since my confidence in roblox has dwindled a lot recently. but i think if they really wanted to benefit developers they would allow either option as i think most people will be reluctant to purchase subscriptions in-game if they have to input card details and such to pay with real money rather than just taking 3 seconds to spend the robux they already have on their account on a subscription. from what i can tell the pricing is pretty fair so i won’t say that seemed like greed, however when this update was coming out i think pretty much everyone was expecting the subscriptions to be robux-based. i’m sure some developers will be fine with it being in local currency but i’d just so much rather it be in robux since it makes it so much easier to deal with. also the same about worrying about having enough robux goes when it comes to VIP servers. you can always run out of robux when renting those, i don’t see the difference with these subscriptions since a lot of them will probably even cost similar robux prices. you can also run out of money IRL too, it’s not an infinite source lol. some kids might be using pre-paid cards for these so there’s no guarantee no matter what that they’ll always have enough money to upkeep the subscription, but that’s the risk you have to take when it comes to it.

I would agree if they weren’t forced down this route. But keep in mind, you can still create your own system that uses Robux, which is something that developers could always do. The difference here is that it auto-renews.

If they’ve bought Robux or Premium, Roblox already has their card details. This isn’t any different from that.

Another difference is that Roblox tracks how long a user has been a subscriber. The percentage cut you get even changes in the developer’s benefit if that user is subscribed for more than 3 months. Running out of Robux would instantly kill that streak, which isn’t good for developer. It might not be good for the user either, if the developer offers loyalty rewards.

This isn’t really relevant to bring up. If a user can’t afford a subscription, they shouldn’t be paying for one in the first place.

I don’t really think this is relevant either. That’s the minority and they wouldn’t benefit from a subscription model anyway.

I’ll repeat that I would definitely prefer if subscriptions supported a Robux option. It would be a bit annoying for me to pay for a subscription at a loss with real world money when I could pay for it with my Robux earnings directly.

However, if this is indeed for complacency, there’s really nothing that can be done. The only thing I could maybe suggest is allowing subscriptions to be purchased on PC with Robux, but that might still not cut it legally. It’s potentially a complex dynamic that I’m not educated enough to talk about at this moment.

Rip – Cool feature. Free games might turn paid / subscription-based because of this. Sad to think about.

1 Like

Honestly, the earnings of it is very low.

I rather make a custom subscription system then using this one.
9,99$ in devex rates is 2857 Robux
We earn based on the documention 2,45$ per 9,99$ subscription at least the first 3 months.

I rather have Robux subscriptions, also people faster do Robux subscriptions I think then spending real money in a Roblox game. Why have a premium currency if we can’t use it for everything.

2 Likes

You’d need to sell something for 4,082 R$ to get $10 USD out of DevEx after the 30% cut (2,858 R$ without). Best deal for that is spending $50 USD to get 4,500 R$.

$10 USD gets you 800 R$. 800 R$ through DevEx (after the 30% cut) is $1.96 USD.

All that is to say that the rates are the exact same. Your math is without tax, where as their example is including tax. Subscriptions are actually better after 3 months, if you read what I wrote above:

1 Like

Very much looking forward to trying out this feature. Is there someone I can talk to about additional API features that might be useful to implement?

I remember talking to some of the Roblox employees behind subscriptions at RDC. Very lovely people, I’m excited to see how this pans out! Again please let me know if I can speak to someone 1 on 1 about API implementation!! Would love to give some ideas/feedback. :slightly_smiling_face:

Ye just made a Dev product to a acces what player get acces to for a mounth then you have Robux subscription

1 Like

Thank you for your feedback! We’d like to give some more context on subscriptions, so we’ve added additional FAQs below.

Still won’t be using them until robux is added as a payment option and the refund policy is modified so we can either ban users who refund or refunds are not accepted after they have cancelled their subscription.

1 Like

Hey Creators,

To help you get started with Subscriptions, check out our new Subscription Design article where you can learn about some key design concepts, best practices, and use cases for subscriptions, including:

• Earning and maintaining user trust
  • Providing clear value
  • Designing engaging subscriptions content
  • Bundles, Memberships, Season Passes
2 Likes

Will educational experiences or experiences interested in the Learn and Explore category be allowed to have a subscription that donates to the experience? Or would that be against monetization practices?

1 Like

Interesting feature to see. But I’m 100% betting that most developers will abuse the hell out of this for extra profits because all they care about is money.

1 Like

Please for the love of god, just don’t.

1 Like

Just wanted to mention that I cannot currently create subscriptions for Bad Business (Bad Business - Roblox).

I described my issue here: New benefits for adding subscriptions within your experience - #79 by ruddev_ethan

1 Like

Hey Creators,

In cased you missed it, check out our new benefits for adding subscriptions to your experience before December 15, 2023.

1 Like

Curious to hear whether there are any plans to release the feature? I haven’t been able to find a date and the more we’re not getting to benefit from subscriptions and even from these benefits, the more lost revenue.

Should be somewhere this month according to the Creator Roadmap

1 Like

What date will subscriptions roll out so we can activate it?

We have everything setup for one but the feature does not seem to be released yet.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.