Creating a UGC Hat! - Blender 2.8 Tutorial

an excellent tutorial is very complete I understood 100% :+1:

2 Likes

Is the actual hat on sale?

2 Likes

I think you should send a request to Roblox mail and they would approve it as a item in the catalog

1 Like

I don’t think there’s need to have premium and you can see that on this user @hornsword
And I don’t think that anyone have shown how they upload items to Roblox so no there’s no legit video shown how they upload it.

1 Like

No problem,
Follow this steps
Also I don’t think this user is a member of devfourm but you can search on him and you will find his user
In addition of that I’m Arabic too and nice to meet you(:

3 Likes

No, only the few people who are in the UGC program can add hats to the catalog. It’s not available publicly yet, it’s still in beta and only those people (around 20-30?) are in the beta.

Please do not send UGC-related stuff to the support email, this is a waste of time (that’s not how UGC works) and you’ll cause delays for other people who actually need support.

4 Likes

I don’t even know why I’m looking at this, I’m not even in the UGC program.

4 Likes

Oh sorry about that,
And thank you for telling me and I agree with you in that (:

1 Like

I got a question, can you upload your own hat to your game as a personal item?

1 Like

I don’t know what you mean. You can upload meshes to your game so you can use them in your game, sure. You control what happens in your game.

8 Likes

amazing tutorial! I might use this if I want to 3d model a hat.

@ADbros Quick question, how do I separate the edge rings from the character’s head?

1 Like

I’ve had trouble deleting all body parts except the head since when i load the .obj its all 1 model and theres no seperate models for arms legs etc. Ehhhh??

1 Like

I have the same issue. The .obj imports one model of the entire body without any texture:

I’m using Blender 2.83.

1 Like

When you import your obj file in Blender 2.8 and above, you need to tick “Split by Group” to import the character with limbs as separate models!

3 Likes

Very smooth and easy to follow tutorial. Thanks a ton! :grinning:

1 Like

Most likely you have already solved it, but I leave the solution to this for the users who have the same problem: to ‘‘fix’’ this you must enable the option called ‘‘Texture’’ located in Shading → Viewport Shading → Color → Texture.

1 Like

This is an awesome tutorial, thank you so much!

2 Likes

Roblox doesn’t compress the texture down to 420x420. Roblox allows all image sizes at or below 1024x1024 pixels. If the image size is bigger than 1024x1024 pixels, Roblox automatically downscales the image down to 1024x1024 pixels.

Nice tutorial… Somebody, please send me a forum thread link on UGC creation guidelines 'coz I can’t find any… I want to know things like the ideal triangle count for each part, what’s the needed resolution and how to actually equip it with my own avatar… I’m a 3D artist and I can model almost any concept but I’m new to Roblox. I can promise to contribute more to Roblox in the future if you help me now…

1 Like