Creating/Destroying a ViewPortFrame with OpenGL on Mac can crash the Client

When creating or removing a ViewPortFrame, with the Graphics settings set to OpenGL on a Mac, will cause the client to crash most of the time. For me it consistently crashes on the 2nd or 3rd time creating the ViewPortFrame at the Repro place. While on the main game I am testing this, it happens at the 2nd time destroying the ViewPortFrame. While using Metal Graphics, the bug does not occur. It also does not occur on Windows with OpenGL set as the GraphicsMode.

ViewPort Crash.rbxl (39.0 KB)

Video repro:

• For graphics bugs, it is sometimes helpful to know your system specs, especially graphics card.

• Anything else that you would want to know about the bug if it were your job to find and fix it. Only occurs using OpenGL GraphicsMode on a Mac. Does not occur on Windows.

The bug isn’t that big of an issue as I can just switch Studio to use Metal graphics mode, but still thought I should share.

Hey, we should definitely fix this, but just out of curiosity - any specific reason you had OpenGL selected? I think we had Metal perf bugs previously but as far as I know we’ve fixed all of them, and I want to make sure we aren’t missing anything.

Pretty sure I just left it on OpenGL. Also I get better performance with OpenGL when testing multiple clients in studio at the same time compared with Metal.