Creating moving skies

Hey there!

I am trying to create dynamic skies for my new game (like Islands!)

I am however not quite sure how i am going to do this.
I have had one idea, and that is to tween the part to its position + 1000 studs, then check the magnitude between the part’s position once it has tweened and see where the origin part is, when the magnitude is over 1000 then destroy the part.

Questions i want to ask about this:

Will this create lag?
How would i make the part so that the y axis can move 10 studs down or up?
How would i randomise the part position on the x and z axis so that it is a random place but not create too many parts?

I am not sure how i would approach scripting this so i would greatly appreciate if someone could help!

Thank you for reading this post.

1 Like

Maybe this could help you?

Thanks but this is not what i mean,

this is an example:

skies thing - YouTube

(youtube clip because its better quality)

Maybe what you could do, is create an Image (Or decal), then slowly tween its position? If I understand from the image :thinking:

It won’t create lag if you have a RADIUS Feature.

In-depth RADIUS Feature Explanation

We have a player. We have a LocalScript creating the clouds, so it doesn’t actually slow down the server in a case where it would, because in a ServerScript, the clouds would be everywhere, none would be hidden, which is why we are rolling with a LocalScript.

Why would none be hidden if it was a ServerScript? well to put it, the server cannot hide certain clouds from the client, if it did, it would interfere with other people in-game because it’s on the Server, meaning if a cloud was hidden for one player, another player cannot see that cloud, and since you’re trying to make the radius feature on the server, it will be very buggy, and will slow down the server.

The LocalScript however will remove Clouds that are outside the RADIUS, and will continously create Clouds from somewhere close or inside the RADIUS Zone. It should not be spammed, or spawned too fast. You can set this up on a timer system.
This does not interfere with other players because other players cannot see the clouds that this specific client is, and it doesn’t slow down the server.

TL;DAID Too Long, Didn’t answer them all in-depth.
To put it, Yes. You can do these.
I answered these questions in the Radius Feature explanation.

what you are looking for is possibly wind shake. it looks like that from what i can see. i can send a tutorial. the example they use is trees, but you can easily implement it on to clouds etc. if this helps, please mark this as a solution!

1 Like