Text-Vision Awareness LLM Utility Luau [OPEN SOURCE] now Judges Terrain, Water, Floor Material and More

This is pretty interesting, but I don’t see myself using it anytime soon.

9 Likes

Self-aware AI means conscious & sentient intelligence. As of now, this ability is only reserved to humans.

This script isn’t self-aware, nor is it AI. It can’t do anything than fulfilling the existing tasks. Want to describe something in the environment that’s not covered by the if-statements (while perceived by the ‘senses’ of the NPC)? This script can’t.

10 Likes

Did you know that monkeys can be self aware they pass the test.

8 Likes

Well, that’s an insane amount of if statements and variable declarations to a point that practically nobody will ever bother to read the code. Can’t judge because I aint reading that pain.

7 Likes

To be self aware an AI must be aware of its surroundings. You show me your AI project and how it works then you let me know what you think of this module. Because I think it’s funny how you know nothing yet decide to tout your opinion this is literally the type of string constructing algorithm to describe to a large language model what it sees. I would like to reiterate I do not care for your negative opinions, you are likely clueless and do not really know what you are talking about.

My responses coming off condescending because the only ones who decided to say anything where the negative people and they are not even making good arguments. Research the topic and provide informed input. This is how you would send surroundings information to an AI model. You can ask it to find a point of interest from the surroundings and make decisions based on that. My chatbot has the abilities to perform action commands from strings. So I could interpret the output to make the AI chatbot self aware by giving it the ability to make autonomous decisions based on its environment.

For example perhaps the AI decides to pick up an apple on the ground because it has some arbitrary hunger or thirst stat. The AIs decisions could also be influenced by survival and input from its surroundings. This is not a common implementation of a large language model but it would be very interesting to give the AI human goals. Like what literal universities have published on Automonous agents.This script is a strong concept for other developers as it provides a structured way to construct a description of the chatbots surroundings.
You could use raycasting and project a ray from only the front of the AI if you wish to only get what it would see in front of it.

For example if you were making a AI character who was a reactive NPC that made dialogue. You could send a message to the model describing the surroundings. Then the model can respond to that input of the world with their character like in that youtube video but within the confines of ROBLOX studio.

self-a·ware·ness

[ˌselfəˈwernəs]

NOUN

1. conscious knowledge of one’s own character, feelings, motives, and desires:

“the process can be painful but it leads to greater self-awareness”

Also, I updated the code I shared to not include the NPC description algorithm because it is too lengthy and tailored to my custom NPC combat algorithm
But I will post it here just because.

function aware.DescribeNPC(Char)
	local MagicID=Char:FindFirstChild("MagicID")
	if MagicID~=nil then
		local fly=""
		local Aggression=""
		local AttackVector=""
		local Barrier=""
		local Buffs=""
		local BaseHealth=""
		local BaseMagicDMG=""
		local BaseRangeDMG=""
		local BaseMeleeDMG=""
		local CanBeFrozen=""
		local ChangeStyles=""
		local Cooldown=""
		local Cost=""
		local CostMax=""
		local Cure=""
		local Description=""
		local Dodge=""
		local Element=""
		local Element2=""
		local Element3=""
		local Hide=""
		local Level=""
		local MainStyle=""
		local Multiply=""
		local Paralyze=""
		local Poison=""
		local Power=""
		local Prayer=""
		local ProtectFromStyle=""
		local Recoil=""
		local Range=""
		local Parasite=""
		local Species=""
		local Teleport=""
		local Transform=""
		local Weakness=""
		local rating=0
		--construct a long combined string of the above local strings.

if MagicID:GetAttribute("Aggression")==1 then
			Aggression="aggressive, "
			rating=rating+1
		end
		if MagicID:GetAttribute("Fly")==true then
			fly="can Fly, "
			rating=rating+1
		end
		if MagicID:GetAttribute("Barrier")==true then
			Barrier="uses Barrier, "
			rating=rating+1
		end
		if MagicID:GetAttribute("Buffs")==true then
			Buffs="uses Buffs, "
			rating=rating+1
		end
		if MagicID:GetAttribute("Multiply")==true then
			Buffs="uses Multiply, "
			rating=rating+1
		end
		if MagicID:GetAttribute("ChangeStyle")==true then
			ChangeStyles="melee and magic user, "
			rating=rating+1
			BaseMagicDMG="base Magic damage is"..tostring(MagicID:GetAttribute("BaseMagicDMG"))..", "
			BaseMagicDMG="base Melee damage is"..tostring(MagicID:GetAttribute("BaseMeleeDMG"))..", "
			if MagicID:GetAttribute("AttackVector3")~=nil then
				AttackVector="melee range is"..tostring(MagicID:GetAttribute("AttackVector3"))..", "
			end	
		elseif MagicID:GetAttribute("ChangeStyle")==false then
			if	MagicID:GetAttribute("MainStyles")~=nil then
				if MagicID:GetAttribute("MainStyles")==1 then
					MainStyle="uses Melee only, "
						AttackVector="melee range:"..tostring(MagicID:GetAttribute("AttackVector3"))..", "
					end	
				elseif MagicID:GetAttribute("MainStyles")==2 then
					MainStyle="uses Magic only, "
				elseif MagicID:GetAttribute("MainStyles")==3 then
					MainStyle="uses Range only, "
				end
			end
		end	

if MagicID:GetAttribute("BaseHealth")~=nil then
			local hpr=Char.Humanoid.MaxHealth/100
			rating=rating+hpr
			BaseHealth="base health "..tostring(MagicID:GetAttribute("BaseHealth"))..", "
		end
		--write code to complete above context
		if MagicID:GetAttribute("CanBeFrozen")==false then
			CanBeFrozen="cannot be frozen, "
			rating=rating+1
		end
		if MagicID:GetAttribute("Cooldown")~=nil then
			Cooldown="it's cooldown is "..tostring(MagicID:GetAttribute("Cooldown"))..", "
			rating=rating+(5-MagicID:GetAttribute("Cooldown"))
		end
		if MagicID:GetAttribute("Cost")~=nil then
			Cost="it's action cost is "..tostring(MagicID:GetAttribute("Cost"))..", "
			rating=rating+1
		end
		if MagicID:GetAttribute("CostMax")~=nil then
			CostMax="It's max power is"..tostring(MagicID:GetAttribute("CostMax"))..", "
		end
		if MagicID:GetAttribute("Cure")==true then
			Cure="can Heal, "
			rating=rating+1
		end
		if MagicID:GetAttribute("Description")~=nil then
			Description=MagicID:GetAttribute("Description")..""
		end
		if MagicID:GetAttribute("Dodge")==true then
			Dodge="can Dodge, "
			rating=rating+1
		end
		if MagicID:GetAttribute("Teleport")==true then
			Teleport="can Teleport, "
			rating=rating+1
		end
		if MagicID:GetAttribute("Transform")==true then
			Transform="can Transform, "
			rating=rating+1
		end

if MagicID:GetAttribute("Element")~=nil and MagicID:GetAttribute("Element")~="" then
			Element="uses "..MagicID:GetAttribute("Element")
			rating=rating+1
			if MagicID:GetAttribute("Element2")~="" and MagicID:GetAttribute("Element2")~=nil then
				Element2=","..MagicID:GetAttribute("Element2")
				rating=rating+1
			end
			if MagicID:GetAttribute("Element3")~="" and MagicID:GetAttribute("Element2")~=nil then
				Element3="and "..MagicID:GetAttribute("Element3")
				rating=rating+1
			end	
		end
		if MagicID:GetAttribute("Parasite")==true then
			Parasite=", it's parasitic"
			rating=rating+1
		end
		if MagicID:GetAttribute("Poison")==true then
			Poison=", it's poisonous"
			rating=rating+1
		end

if MagicID:GetAttribute("Prayer")==true then
			Prayer="uses Prayers"
			rating=rating+1
		elseif 	MagicID:GetAttribute("ProtectFromStyle")==1 then
			rating=rating+1
			ProtectFromStyle=", strong against Melee"
		elseif		MagicID:GetAttribute("ProtectFromStyle")==2 then
			rating=rating+1
			ProtectFromStyle=", strong against Magic"
		elseif		MagicID:GetAttribute("ProtectFromStyle")==3 then
			rating=rating+1
			ProtectFromStyle=", strong against Range"
		end
		--Power="Power Multiplier:" MagicID:GetAttribute("Power")
		--Range=""
		if MagicID:GetAttribute("Recoil")==true then
			rating=rating+1
			Recoil="hurts to touch, "
		end
		rating=rating+tonumber(Level)
		--write rest of code for above context	
		return Description..Element..Element2..
			Element3.." magic. It's "..Level.." "..ChangeStyles..MainStyle..Cooldown..fly..Aggression..Barrier..Buffs..BaseHealth..
			BaseMagicDMG..BaseRangeDMG..BaseMeleeDMG..AttackVector..CanBeFrozen..
			Cost..CostMax..Cure..Dodge..
			Hide..Multiply..Paralyze..Poison..Power..
			Prayer..ProtectFromStyle..".",aware.judgepower(rating,25)
	else return "",nil	
	end
end
8 Likes

This topic is related to my main topic! Which has a module that you can input search queries based on a database.
For example if you are looking for an Apple. You can search a list of strings and return a string describing an Apple.
This is a part of a multi-model AI-chatbot Agent I’m working on. When it’s done I will be releasing some sort of open-source version that has a simple framework to work from for other developers.
I have recently released a new ChatModule which is the most recent version of the main algorithms that powers the bots ability to compare input robustly with a database of strings and provide output. It also can solve basic geometry for example “What is the circumference of a circle with a radius of 4?” and worded algebra problems “If I have 4 groups of 5 how many do I have in total?” output= “4*5=20”.

The way it’s designed is to answer questions with the chatbot using my specific database for my games lore and hints when it can. Then, if it does not know the answer it gets the answer from a variety of APIs including wikipedia, How to wiki, conversational AIs that think they are the input personality, and GPT2. It uses zero-shot classification to determine which model to use. It saved all of the data it recieves from the AIs and APIs for that database or specific character. I’m also incorporating more APIs and premium AI models in the future. It’s important to have levels to things like this. It can be visualized like this Chatbot determines the intent based on rules and algorithms if conditions are met then->zero-shot-classification AI to determine the inputs intent->APICall to AI Model or wiki.
Premium architecture would be just be Chatbot Input if any->APICall to AI with specified character and context with user query
Artificially Intelligent Chatbot LUAU Algorithm [Open Source] - Resources / Community Resources - Developer Forum | Roblox

6 Likes

image_2023-08-19_133422802

1. It’s not “Self Aware”, it’s only capable of what it’s allowed to do, true sentience is impossible, you can only simulate it

2. You literally said it’s an AI

5 Likes

I like the idea. However, it is a bit messy.

4 Likes

Why is everyone mad?
OP did make a self aware AI but not in the way that pleases your definition of what it means to be self aware.
Make this simple for yourselves and avoid explaining your definition of the word AI, as I’m very sure OP meant to call it NPC. It’s just a small miss direction. Honest mistakes can be made.

5 Likes

This is part of my AI project. Which includes artificial intelligence models. If you have a AI that has no information about its surroundings then it cannot make relevant observations of its surroundings.
This algorithm creates artificial data to give AI context about its surroundings. If you were involved in working with Language Models this concept is easy to grasp and quite important within the restrictions of ROBLOx’s coding environment.

3 Likes

I’ll take ur words for it.
I’d like to suggest that it may seem better to add an API example and write a showcase for others to glance at. It may help them avoid looking at your work and discard it like the people above.

2 Likes

(post deleted by author)

3 Likes

Self-aware can be defined as a character that can think by itself, interact with its surroundings by itself, react or express emotions. All I see in your code is just what you limited it to do. You cannot train it, it is not self aware, and less an AI.

That aside, this is one of the most unformatted and ridiculous code I’ve seen in all of DevForum. Even worse - it looks like that most of this was written by ChatGPT. The source code is straight up unreadable, let alone anyone being able to do anything with it.

Unnecessary functions, unnecessary variable definitions, insane amount of if statements that could’ve been simplified in other methods. Instead of using functions for actual uses you still went with the copy-paste method. Half of your code has ChatGPT comments, the rest is straight up Ctrl+C Ctrl+V. We can do better, let’s say:

• First, there’s zero need to define insane amounts of variables at the start, just use a table for it. The benefit of using tables is that we can also loop through them, so we don’t create a clutter in the code.
  • Then, you don’t need to define say local element3629 in the start. Just declare it when it exists. Simple!
  • I’m also not sure why you’re using Attributes. Just place all of this in the code. Plus, there’s no need to define your values as “value x is y”, why do you need that??? Like, instead of value = "cannot heal" you’re just wasting a Variable because canHeal = false already implies that the character cannot heal.
  • Also I’m very sure Vector3.magnitude does not exist. It’s Magnitude. Did you even test this?

All it does is check for distances, instances, orientation and objects near it. You cannot call this “self aware”. This is ridiculous. I remind you, AI has the ability to learn by itself, hence why artificial intelligence. We living beings are able to think and process what we perceive, and so does AI, since it’s also an intelligence, albeit not natural. If it can’t learn and put it to use - it’s not AI.

2 Likes

That’s a bit derailed from what I suggested, I’m partly to blame here lol since I called it API.
What I mean is a code example that uses your module in a showcase format. It would be nice to list all the functions one would use in the module. Just to help give an idea to those who come across your work.

But you have said that this is a work in progress, so it’s fair.

Try saying:

This could be better if you do X,Y,Z

Instead of saying:

This is bad because you suck lol

Here’s the comment where he tells us it’s an algorithm-based approach: Creating Self Aware AI: "Describing surroundings" (Open Source) - #4 by Magus_ArtStudios

I guess you guys don’t like being misled which is fair but it didn’t have to go down that road.

A bit unfortunate that you had to experience these horrible responses but I commend you for sharing your work.

1 Like

Your title labels your project as “Self-Aware AI”. Then you instantly said “It’s not an AI but an algorithm.”

Now we’re here? Do you even know what you’re doing? Do you even have the minimal knowledge in AI?

This post defines it all.

Consider reading this again and label your product accordingly.

1 Like

If I were to even consider arguing with you I would just tell you this. An AI needs to see right???
How would you get Chat GPT API to know its surroundings? You could tell it where it is and whats its surroundings look like. Or you can just leave it as a talking head who has no actual idea of what is going on around it. Either is useful! But do not come here trying to dis on my project kid.

This is the same method NVIDIA used to input information to GPT-4 to create autonomous agents in minecraft.
Minecraft AI - NVIDIA uses GPT-4 to create a SELF-IMPROVING :exploding_head: autonomous agent. - YouTube

4 Likes

I have updated and completed the aware module.
It now requires the ChatModule linked here
Artificially Intelligent Chatbot LUAU Algorithm [Open Source] - Resources / Community Resources - Developer Forum | Roblox

The required module is located here

local aware = {}
local chatmodule=require(script.Parent.ChatModule)
syntheticdatasynonms={
	{"very close","quite close","extremely close"},
	{"close","near","not far"},
	{"kind of close","pretty near","somewhat near"},

{" tiny "," mini "," minuscule "},
	{" small "," little "," petite "},

{" large "," big ","huge"},
	{"gigantic","colossal","massive"},

{"a few","some","a couple"},
	{"many","numerous","several"},
	{"lots of","tons of","a good number of"},

{"There is","Over there is"},
	{"I see","I can see"},
	{"Nearby is","Close by is"},

{"Additionally","Furthermore","Moreover"},
	{"Also","In addition","Plus"},
	{"However","But","Though"},

{"to the north","northward","northern"},
	{"to the south","southward","southern"},
	{"to the east","eastward","eastern"},

{"to the west","westward","western"}
}
function aware.GetCombatDescription(Char)
	if MagicID~=nil then
		local fly=""
		local Aggression=""
		local AttackVector=""
		local Barrier=""
		local Buffs=""
		local BaseHealth=""
		local BaseMagicDMG=""
		local BaseRangeDMG=""
		local BaseMeleeDMG=""
		local CanBeFrozen=""
		local ChangeStyles=""
		local Cooldown=""
		local Cost=""
		local CostMax=""
		local Cure=""
		local Description=""
		local Dodge=""
		local Element=""
		local Element2=""
		local Element3=""
		local Hide=""
		local Level=""
		local MainStyle=""
		local Multiply=""
		local Paralyze=""
		local Poison=""
		local Power=""
		local Prayer=""
		local Recoil=""
		local Range=""
		local Parasite=""
		local Species=""
		local Teleport=""
		local Transform=""
		local Weakness=""

end
			fly="can Fly, "
		end
			Barrier="uses Barrier, "
		end
			Buffs="uses Buffs, "
		end
			Buffs="uses Multiply, "
		end
			BaseMagicDMG="base Magic DMG:"..tostring(MagicID:GetAttribute("BaseMagicDMG"))..", "
			BaseMagicDMG="base Melee DMG:"..tostring(MagicID:GetAttribute("BaseMeleeDMG"))..", "
				AttackVector="Melee Range:"..tostring(MagicID:GetAttribute("AttackVector3"))..", "
			end	
			--if MagicID:GetAttribute("MainStyles")~=nil then
			--	if MagicID:GetAttribute("MainStyles")==1 then
			--		MainStyle="Melee focused, "
			--	elseif MagicID:GetAttribute("MainStyles")==2 then
			--		MainStyle="Magic focused, "
			--	elseif MagicID:GetAttribute("MainStyles")==3 then
			--		MainStyle="Range focused, "
			--	end
			--end 

MainStyle="Melee only, "
						AttackVector="Melee Range:"..tostring(MagicID:GetAttribute("AttackVector3"))..", "
					end	
					MainStyle="Magic only, "
					MainStyle="Range only, "
				end
			end
		end	

BaseHealth="Base Health "..tostring(MagicID:GetAttribute("BaseHealth"))..", "
		end
			CanBeFrozen="cannot be Frozen, "
		end
			Cooldown="Cooldown:"..tostring(MagicID:GetAttribute("Cooldown"))..", "
		end
			Cost="Power Cost:"..tostring(MagicID:GetAttribute("Cost"))..", "
		end
			CostMax="Max Power:"..tostring(MagicID:GetAttribute("CostMax"))..", "
		end
			Cure="can Heal, "
		end
		end
			Dodge="can Dodge, "
		end
		end
		end

if MagicID:GetAttribute("Element")~=nil and MagicID:GetAttribute("Element")~="" then
			Element=" /"..MagicID:GetAttribute("Element")
			if MagicID:GetAttribute("Element2")~="" and MagicID:GetAttribute("Element2")~=nil then
				Element2="/"..MagicID:GetAttribute("Element2")
			end
			if MagicID:GetAttribute("Element3")~="" and MagicID:GetAttribute("Element2")~=nil then
				Element3="/"..MagicID:GetAttribute("Element3")
			end	
		end
			Parasite="Parasitic, "
		end
			Poison="Poisonous, "
		end

Prayer="uses Prayers, "
			ProtectFromStyle="strong against Melee, "
			ProtectFromStyle="strong against Magic, "
			ProtectFromStyle="strong against Range, "
		end
		--Range=""
		end

Element3.." Type."..Level..ChangeStyles..MainStyle..Cooldown..fly..Aggression..Barrier..Buffs..BaseHealth..
			Prayer..ProtectFromStyle
	end
end

function aware.DescribeNPC(Char)
	if MagicID~=nil then
		local fly=""
		local Aggression=""
		local AttackVector=""
		local Barrier=""
		local Buffs=""
		local BaseHealth=""
		local BaseMagicDMG=""
		local BaseRangeDMG=""
		local BaseMeleeDMG=""
		local CanBeFrozen=""
		local ChangeStyles=""
		local Cooldown=""
		local Cost=""
		local CostMax=""
		local Cure=""
		local Description=""
		local Dodge=""
		local Element=""
		local Element2=""
		local Element3=""
		local Hide=""
		local Level=""
		local MainStyle=""
		local Multiply=""
		local Paralyze=""
		local Poison=""
		local Power=""
		local Prayer=""
		local Recoil=""
		local Range=""
		local Parasite=""
		local Species=""
		local Teleport=""
		local Transform=""
		local Weakness=""
		local rating=0

rating=rating+1
		end
			fly="can Fly, "
			rating=rating+1
		end
			Barrier="uses Barrier, "
			rating=rating+1
		end
			Buffs="uses Buffs, "
			rating=rating+1
		end
			Buffs="uses Multiply, "
			rating=rating+1
		end
			rating=rating+1
			BaseMagicDMG="base Magic damage is"..tostring(MagicID:GetAttribute("BaseMagicDMG"))..", "
			BaseMagicDMG="base Melee damage is"..tostring(MagicID:GetAttribute("BaseMeleeDMG"))..", "
				AttackVector="melee range is"..tostring(MagicID:GetAttribute("AttackVector3"))..", "
			end	
					MainStyle="uses Melee only, "
						AttackVector="melee range:"..tostring(MagicID:GetAttribute("AttackVector3"))..", "
					end	
					MainStyle="uses Magic only, "
					MainStyle="uses Range only, "
				end
			end
		end	

local hpr=Char.Humanoid.MaxHealth/100
			rating=rating+hpr
			BaseHealth="base health "..tostring(MagicID:GetAttribute("BaseHealth"))..", "
		end
			CanBeFrozen="cannot be frozen, "
			rating=rating+1
		end
			Cooldown="it's cooldown is "..tostring(MagicID:GetAttribute("Cooldown"))..", "
			rating=rating+(5-MagicID:GetAttribute("Cooldown"))
		end
			Cost="it's action cost is "..tostring(MagicID:GetAttribute("Cost"))..", "
			rating=rating+1
		end
			CostMax="It's max power is"..tostring(MagicID:GetAttribute("CostMax"))..", "
		end
			Cure="can Heal, "
			rating=rating+1
		end
		end
			Dodge="can Dodge, "
			rating=rating+1
		end
			rating=rating+1
		end
			rating=rating+1
		end

Element="uses "..MagicID:GetAttribute("Element")
			rating=rating+1
				Element2=","..MagicID:GetAttribute("Element2")
				rating=rating+1
			end
				Element3="and "..MagicID:GetAttribute("Element3")
				rating=rating+1
			end	
		end
			Parasite=", it's parasitic"
			rating=rating+1
		end
			Poison=", it's poisonous"
			rating=rating+1
		end

Prayer="uses Prayers"
			rating=rating+1
			rating=rating+1
			ProtectFromStyle=", strong against Melee"
			rating=rating+1
			ProtectFromStyle=", strong against Magic"
			rating=rating+1
			ProtectFromStyle=", strong against Range"
		end
		--Range=""
			rating=rating+1
		end
		rating=rating+tonumber(Level)
			Element3.." magic. It's "..Level.." "..ChangeStyles..MainStyle..Cooldown..fly..Aggression..Barrier..Buffs..BaseHealth..
			Prayer..ProtectFromStyle..".",aware.judgepower(rating,25)
	else return "",nil	
	end
end
	local function tablehandler(location)
		-- Get the folder from the workspace
		local tableobj={}
		local mapObjectsFolder = location
		-- Check if the folder exists
		if mapObjectsFolder then
			-- Loop through the objects in the folder
			for _, obj in pairs(mapObjectsFolder:GetChildren()) do
				-- Add them to the stable
				table.insert(tableobj, obj)
			end
			-- Connect a function to the ChildAdded event of the folder
			mapObjectsFolder.ChildAdded:Connect(function(child)
				-- Add the new object to the stable
				table.insert(tableobj, child)
			end)
			-- Connect a function to the ChildRemoved event of the folder
			mapObjectsFolder.ChildRemoved:Connect(function(child)
				-- Find the index of the removed object in the stable
				local index = table.find(tableobj, child)
				-- Remove it from the stable
				table.remove(tableobj, index)
			end)
		end
		-- Return the stable
		return tableobj
	end

-- Call the function and assign it to a variable
	mapObjects = tablehandler(workspace.MapObjects)
	plants = tablehandler(workspace.Plants)
	enemys=tablehandler(workspace.Enemys)
	rubble = tablehandler(workspace.Rubble)
	trees=tablehandler(workspace.Trees)
	chests=tablehandler(workspace.Chests)
	grounditems = tablehandler(workspace.grounditems)
	houses=tablehandler(workspace.Houses)
	playerstable=tablehandler(game.Players)
	dungeons=tablehandler(workspace.DungeonRender)
npcs = tablehandler(workspace.NPCS)
function getnearest(list,root,dist,getone)
	local list=list
	local pos=root.Position
	local torso = nil
	local dist = 30
	local temp = nil
	local human = nil
	local temp2 = nil
	local amnt=0
	local scope=nil
	local list=list	
	if list~=nil then
		for x = 1, #list do
			temp2 = list[x]
			if temp2==root.Parent then
				temp=nil
			elseif temp2:IsA("BasePart") then
				temp = temp2
			elseif temp2:IsA("Model") then
				if temp2.PrimaryPart~=nil then
					temp=temp2.PrimaryPart
				else 
					temp=temp2:FindFirstChildOfClass("BasePart")	
				end	
			elseif temp2:IsA("Player") then
				temp=temp2.Character:FindFirstChild("HumanoidRootPart")
			elseif temp2:IsA("Folder") then
				local m=temp2:FindFirstChildOfClass("Model")
				if m then
					temp=m:FindFirstChildOfClass("BasePart")
				end	
				end
			if (temp ~= nil)  then
				if (temp.Position - pos).magnitude < dist then
					amnt=amnt+1
					torso = temp2
					dist = (temp.Position - pos).magnitude
					scope = temp.Size
					if getone==true then
						return torso,scope
					end
				end
			end
		end
	end
	return torso,amnt,scope
end

function aware.judgedistance(position, position2, maxDist)

local distVector = (position - position2).Magnitude

local judgedDist = {0.2, 0.4, 0.6, 0.8, 1, 1.5, 2} 
	local judgeStrings = {{"very close"}, {"close"}, {"kind of close"},{"not far"}, {"kinda far"}, {"far"}, {"very far"}}

local index = 1
	local distanceJudge = ""
	repeat
		if distVector <= maxDist * judgedDist[index] then
			distanceJudge = judgeStrings[index]
			break
		end
		index = index + 1
	until index > #judgedDist

-- Get direction
	local dirVector = (position2 - position).Unit -- Unit vector pointing to position2
	local angle = math.atan2(dirVector.Z, dirVector.X) -- Angle in radians
	local dirName = ""

if angle > math.rad(157.5) or angle < math.rad(-157.5) then
		dirName = "south"
	elseif angle > math.rad(112.5) then 
		dirName = "southwest"
	elseif angle > math.rad(67.5) then
		dirName = "west"
	elseif angle > math.rad(22.5) then
		dirName = "northwest"
	elseif angle > math.rad(-22.5) then
		dirName = "north"
	elseif angle > math.rad(-67.5) then
		dirName = "northeast"
	elseif angle > math.rad(-112.5) then
		dirName = "east"
	else
		dirName = "southeast"
	end

return distanceJudge,dirName
end

function aware.judgeamnt(amnt,judgestrings)
	local judgedistribution={1,2,3,4,5,6,8}
	local judgestrings={{"a single"},{"a couple"},{"a few"},{"a quartet"},{"several"},{"a bunch"},{"a lot"}}
	local index=1

repeat
		local distvector=amnt
		if distvector<=judgedistribution[index] then
			return judgestrings[index][1]
		end	
	until index>=#judgedistribution	
end

function aware.judgething(size, bigSize,judgeSizes,judgeStrings)
	local index = 1
	local sizeJudge = ""
	for i, judge in ipairs(judgeSizes) do
		if size <= bigSize * judge then
			local sizeJudge2 = judgeStrings[i]
			sizeJudge=sizeJudge2[math.random(1,#sizeJudge)]
			break
		end
	end
	return sizeJudge
end

function aware.judgesize(size, bigSize)
	local judgeSizes = {0.1, 0.25, 0.5, 0.75, 1, 1.5, 2}
	local judgeStrings = {{"tiny"}, {"small"}, {"medium-small"}, {"medium"}, {"medium-large"}, {"large"}, {"huge"}}
	local sizeJudge= aware.judgething(size, bigSize,judgeSizes,judgeStrings)
	return sizeJudge
end

function aware.judgepower(power, bigpower)
	local judgeSizes = {0.1, 0.25, 0.5, 0.75, 1, 1.5, 2}
	local judgeStrings = {{"very weak"}, {"weak"}, {"kind of weak"}, {"average"}, {"kind of strong"}, {"strong"}, {"powerful"}}
	local sizeJudge= aware.judgething(power, bigpower,judgeSizes,judgeStrings)
	return sizeJudge
end

function aware.judgeobject(instance)
	if instance:FindFirstChild("Humanoid")~=nil then
		return instance.Humanoid.DisplayName
	elseif instance:IsA("folder")~=nil then	
		return instance.Name
	elseif instance:IsA("BasePart") then
		local s=instance:FindFirstChild("Species")
		if s~=nil then
			return s.Value	
		end
	elseif instance:IsA("Model") then
		return instance.Name
	end
end

function aware.getsurroundingobjects(root)
	local closestPlant, numPlants,plantsize = getnearest(plants, root, 40)
	local closestTree, numTrees = getnearest(trees, root, 80) 
	local closestStructure, numStructures,structuresize = getnearest(mapObjects, root, 160)
	local closestEnemy, numEnemies = getnearest(enemys, root, 60)
	local closestNPC, numNPCs = getnearest(npcs, root, 60)
	local closestPlayer, numPlayers = getnearest(playerstable, root, 80)
	local closestRubble, numRubble = getnearest(rubble, root, 20) 
	local closestChest, numChests = getnearest(chests, root, 30)
	local closestGroundItem, numGroundItems = getnearest(grounditems, root, 40)
	local closestHouse, numHouses,housesize = getnearest(houses, root, 100)
	local closestDungeon, numDungeons,dungsize = getnearest(dungeons, root, 200)
	local pos=root.Position

local function describeTrees()
		if numTrees > 0 then
			local treeText = aware.judgeamnt(numTrees).." of trees surround the area"
			return treeText			
		end
	end

local function describePlants()
		if numPlants > 0 then  
			local plantText = aware.judgeamnt(numPlants).." of plants are scattered around"
			return plantText
		end
	end

local function describeRubble()
		if numRubble > 0 then
			local rubbleText = aware.judgeamnt(numRubble).." of pieces of rubble lay on the ground" 
			return rubbleText
		end
	end

local function describeEnemies()
		if numEnemies > 0 then
			local enemyText = aware.judgeamnt(numEnemies).." of enemies are lurking nearby"
			return enemyText
		end
	end

local function describeNPCs()
		if numNPCs > 0 then
			local npcText = aware.judgeamnt(numNPCs).." of strangers are in the area"
			return npcText
		end
	end

local function describePlayers()
		if numPlayers > 0 then
			local playerText = aware.judgeamnt(numPlayers).." of players are nearby" 
			return playerText
		end
	end

local function describeChests()
		if numChests > 0 then
			local chestText = aware.judgeamnt(numChests).." of chests are scattered around"
			return chestText
		end
	end

local function describeGroundItems()
		if numGroundItems > 0 then
			local groundItemText = aware.judgeamnt(numGroundItems).." of items lay on the ground"
			return groundItemText
		end
	end 

local function describeHouses()
		if numHouses > 0 then
			local houseText = aware.judgeamnt(numHouses).." of houses stand nearby"
			return houseText
		end
	end

local function describeDungeons()
		if numDungeons > 0 then
			local dungeonText = aware.judgeamnt(numDungeons).." of areas around here."
			return dungeonText
		end
	end
	local function describestructures()
		if numStructures > 0 then
			local structureText = aware.judgeamnt(numDungeons).." of interesting places to check out around here."
			return structureText
		end
	end

local function describeSurroundings(pos)

local info = aware.getsurroundingobjects(pos)

local descStrings = {}
local opener={"Their are ","I see ","Surrounding us are "}
		table.insert(descStrings, ""..describeTrees())
		table.insert(descStrings, ""..describePlants())
		table.insert(descStrings, ""..describeRubble())
		table.insert(descStrings, ""..describeEnemies())
		table.insert(descStrings, ""..describeNPCs())
		table.insert(descStrings, ""..describePlayers())
		table.insert(descStrings, ""..describeChests())
		table.insert(descStrings, ""..describeGroundItems())
		table.insert(descStrings, ""..describeHouses())
		table.insert(descStrings, ""..describeDungeons())

-- Remove any nil values
		local finalStrings = {}
		local paragraphstring=""
		for i,str in ipairs(descStrings) do
			if str ~= "" then
				--table.insert(finalStrings, opener[math.random(1,#opener)]..str..".") 
				paragraphstring=paragraphstring..str..", "
			end
		end
		if paragraphstring~="" then
			paragraphstring=opener[math.random(1,#opener)]..paragraphstring.."."
			table.insert(finalStrings,paragraphstring)
		end
		-- Join the strings together

return finalStrings

end
	local function describeSurroundings2(pos)

local info = aware.getsurroundingobjects(pos)
		local function describeRubble2(context)

local rubbleText = ""

if closestRubble then
				local dist, dir = aware.judgedistance(pos, closestRubble.Position, 20)
				local size = aware.judgesize(closestRubble.Size)
				rubbleText = "piece of " ..size.. " rubble is " ..dist.. " to the " ..dir
			end

if numRubble > 1 then
				if context==nil then
					return rubbleText,aware.judgeamnt(numRubble).. " of pieces of rubble lay on the ground" 	
				else
					rubbleText = rubbleText .. context.. aware.judgeamnt(numRubble).. " of pieces of rubble lay on the ground"
				end	
			end

return rubbleText

end

local function describeChests2(context)

local chestText = ""

if closestChest then
				local dist, dir = aware.judgedistance(pos, closestChest.PrimaryPart.Position, 30)
				--local size = aware.judgesize(closestChest.Size)
				chestText = "chest is " ..dist.. " to the " ..dir
			end

if numChests > 1 then
				if context==nil then
					return chestText,aware.judgeamnt(numChests).." of chests are scattered around" 	
				else
					chestText = chestText .. context .. aware.judgeamnt(numChests).." of chests are scattered around" 
				end
			end	

return chestText

end

local function describeGroundItems2(context)

local groundItemText = ""

if closestGroundItem then
				local dist, dir = aware.judgedistance(pos, closestGroundItem.Item:FindFirstChildOfClass("BasePart").Position, 40)
				local size = aware.judgesize(closestGroundItem.Size)
				groundItemText = aware.judgeobject(closestGroundItem)" is " ..dist.. " to the " ..dir
			end

if numGroundItems > 1 then
				if context==nil then
					return groundItemText,aware.judgeamnt(numGroundItems).." of items lay on the ground"	
				else
					groundItemText = groundItemText .. context .. aware.judgeamnt(numGroundItems).." of items lay on the ground"
				end	
			end

return groundItemText

end

local function describeHouses2(context)

local houseText = ""

if closestHouse then
				local dist, dir = aware.judgedistance(pos, closestHouse.Position, 100)
				local size = aware.judgesize(closestHouse.Size)
				houseText = "" ..size.. " house is " ..dist.. " to the " ..dir
			end

if numHouses > 1 then
				if context==nil then
					return houseText,aware.judgeamnt(numHouses).." of other houses stand nearby"	
				else
					houseText = houseText .. context .. aware.judgeamnt(numHouses).." of other houses stand nearby"
				end
			end	

return houseText

end

local function describestructures2(context)
			if numStructures > 0 then
				local structureText = aware.judgeamnt(numDungeons).." of interesting places to check out around here"
				return structureText
			end
			local dungeonText=""
			if closestDungeon then
				local dist, dir = aware.judgedistance(pos, closestStructure.PrimaryPart.Position, 200)
				local size = aware.judgesize(closestStructure.PrimaryPart.Size)
				dungeonText = aware.judgeobject(closestStructure).." is "..dist.. " to the " ..dir
			end

if numStructures > 1 then
				if context==nil then
					return dungeonText,aware.judgeamnt(numStructures)" of interesting places to check out around here" 	
				else
					dungeonText = dungeonText .. context..aware.judgeamnt(numStructures)" of interesting places to check out around here" 
				end	
			end

end

local function describeDungeons2(context)

local dungeonText = ""

if closestDungeon then
				local dist, dir = aware.judgedistance(pos, closestDungeon:FindFirstChildOfClass("BasePart").Position, 200)
				local size = aware.judgesize(closestDungeon.Size)
				dungeonText = aware.judgeobject(closestDungeon).." is "..dist.. " to the " ..dir
			end

if numDungeons > 1 then
				if context==nil then
					return dungeonText,aware.judgeamnt(numDungeons)" of areas around here" 	
				else
					dungeonText = dungeonText .. context..aware.judgeamnt(numDungeons)" of areas around here" 
				end	
			end

return dungeonText

end
		local function describeTrees2(context)

local treeText = ""

if closestTree then
				local dist, dir = aware.judgedistance(pos, closestTree.PrimaryPart.Position, 160) 
				treeText = aware.judgeobject(closestTree).." is " ..dist.. " to the " ..dir
			end

if numTrees > 1 then
				if context==nil then
					return treeText, aware.judgeamnt(numTrees).." of other trees surround the area" 	
				else
					treeText = treeText ..context.. aware.judgeamnt(numTrees).." of other trees surround the area"
				end	
			end

return treeText

end

local function describePlants2(context)

local plantText = ""

if closestPlant then
				local dist, dir = aware.judgedistance(pos, closestPlant.Position, 40)
				local size = aware.judgesize(closestPlant.Size)
				plantText =size.. " "..aware.judgeobject(closestPlant).." is " ..dist.. " to the " ..dir
			end

if numPlants > 1 then
				if context==nil then
					return plantText,  aware.judgeamnt(numPlants).." of other plants are scattered around"	
				else
					plantText = plantText ..context.. aware.judgeamnt(numPlants).." of other plants are scattered around"
				end	
			end

return plantText

end

local function describeEnemies2(context)

local enemyText = ""

if closestEnemy then
				local dist, dir = aware.judgedistance(pos, closestEnemy.HumanoidRootPart.Position, 60)
				enemyText = aware.judgeobject(closestEnemy).. " is " ..dist.. " to the " ..dir
			end

if numEnemies > 1 then
				if context==nil then
					return enemyText,aware.judgeamnt(numEnemies).." enemies are lurking nearby"
				else
					enemyText = enemyText ..context.. aware.judgeamnt(numEnemies).." enemies are lurking nearby"
				end
			end	

return enemyText

end

local function describePlayers2(context)

local enemyText = ""

if closestPlayer then
				local dist, dir = aware.judgedistance(pos, closestPlayer.Character.HumanoidRootPart.Position, 80)
				enemyText = aware.judgeobject(closestEnemy).. " is " ..dist.. " to the " ..dir
			end

if numPlayers > 1 then
				if context==nil then
					return enemyText,aware.judgeamnt(numPlayers).." of players are nearby" 	
				else
					enemyText = enemyText ..context.. aware.judgeamnt(numPlayers).." of players are nearby" 
				end	
			end

return enemyText

end
		local function describeNPCs2(context)

local npcText = ""

if closestNPC then
				local dist, dir = aware.judgedistance(pos, closestNPC.HumanoidRootPart.Position, 80)
				npcText = aware.judgeobject(closestNPC).." is " ..dist.. " to the " ..dir
			end

if numNPCs > 1 then
				if context==nil then
					return npcText,aware.judgeamnt(numNPCs).." of strangers are in the area"	
				else
					npcText = npcText ..context.. aware.judgeamnt(numNPCs).." strangers are in the area"
				end	
			end

return npcText

end
		local descStrings = {}
		local opener={"Their are ","I see ","Surrounding us are "}
		table.insert(descStrings, ""..describeTrees2(", and their are "))
		table.insert(descStrings, ""..describePlants2(", and their are "))
		table.insert(descStrings, ""..describeRubble2(", and their are "))
		table.insert(descStrings, ""..describeEnemies2(", and their are "))
		table.insert(descStrings, ""..describeNPCs2(", and their are "))
		table.insert(descStrings, ""..describePlayers2(", and their are "))
		table.insert(descStrings, ""..describeChests2(", and their are "))
		table.insert(descStrings, ""..describeGroundItems2(", and their are "))
		table.insert(descStrings, ""..describeHouses2(", and their are "))
		table.insert(descStrings, ""..describeDungeons2(", and their are "))
		local descStrings2 = {}
		local opener2={"Their is ","","I can see "}

local tre,tree2=describeTrees2()
		local plan,plan2=describePlants2()
		local rub,rub2=describeRubble2()
		local enem,enem2=describeEnemies2()
		local npc1,npc2=describeNPCs2()
		local plr1,plr2=describePlayers2()
		local chest,ches2=describeChests2()
		local g1,g2=describeGroundItems2()
		local hous,house=describeHouses2()
		local dung,dungeon=describeDungeons2()
		local struc,struc2=describestructures2()
		local function DetermineGoal()
			local interest=""

if closestPlayer then
				interest=interest.." I can see that "..plr1..""		
			end
			if enem then
				if interest~="" then
					interest=interest..", w"
				else
					interest="W"
				end
				interest=interest.."atch out, their is "..enem..""		
			end
			if npc1 then
				if closestPlayer and interest~="" then
					interest=interest..", and"
				end 
				interest=interest.." "..npc1..""
			end
			if dung then
				--if not npc1 and interest~="" then
				--	interest=interest..", we "
				--else 
				--	interest=interest.." We "
				--end
				if interest~="" then
					interest=interest.."."
				end
				interest=interest.." We are in a place called "..aware.judgeobject(closestDungeon)..""

end
			if struc then
				if interest~="" then
					interest=interest.."."
				end
				interest=interest.." Their is a "..struc
			end
			if chest then
				if interest~="" then
					interest=interest.."."
				end
				interest=interest.." I notice a "..chest..""
			end
			if g1 then
				if interest~="" then
					interest=interest..","
				end
				interest=interest..g1
			end
			if hous then
				if struc and interest~="" then
					interest=interest.."."
				end
				interest=interest.." I can see a "..hous..""
			end
			if tree2 then
				if interest~="" then
					interest=chatmodule.randomizeString(interest..". Additionally, t")
				else 
					interest=interest.."T"
				end
				interest=interest.."heir are "..tree2
			end
			if plan2 then
				if interest~="" then
					interest=interest..","
				else
					interest=interest.." Their are "
				end
				interest=interest..""..plan2..""
			end
			if interest~="" then
				interest=interest.."."	
			end
			return interest
		end
		--example 	enemyText = aware.judgeobject(closestEnemy.Parent).. " is " ..dist.. " to the " ..dir
		--return enemyText,aware.judgeamnt(numPlayers).." of players are nearby" 	
		--	enemyText = enemyText ..context.. aware.judgeamnt(numPlayers).." of players are nearby" 

-- Remove any nil values
		local finalStrings = {}
		local paragraphstring=""
		for i,str in ipairs(descStrings) do
			if str ~= "" then
				table.insert(finalStrings, opener[math.random(1,#opener)]..str..".") 
				paragraphstring=paragraphstring..str..", "
			end
		end
		table.insert(finalStrings,DetermineGoal())
		if paragraphstring~="" then
			paragraphstring=paragraphstring.."."
			table.insert(finalStrings,paragraphstring)
		end
		-- Join the strings together

return finalStrings

end
	local d1=describeSurroundings(pos)
	local d2=describeSurroundings2(pos)
	local syntheticdata= function()
		for i,str in ipairs(d1) do
		if str ~= "" then
				table.insert(d2, str) 
			--paragraphstring=paragraphstring..str..", "
		end
		end
		for i,str in ipairs(d2) do
			if str ~= "" then
				d2[i]=chatmodule.randomizeStringLight(str,syntheticdatasynonms)
				--paragraphstring=paragraphstring..str..", "
			end
		end

return d2
	end

return syntheticdata()
	--{
	--	closestPlant = closestPlant,  
	--	numPlants = numPlants,
	--	plantsize = plantsize,

--	closestTree = closestTree,
	--	numTrees = numTrees,