Creator AMA (RDC 2024) with Nick and Tian [September 19, 2024]

Will the new parties system announced at rdc24 will we also get a better privacy settings page? Perhaps more options, like allowing who can make a party with us, allowing us to change who can invite us to team create, marking users as best friends or changing settings individually for each friend? allowing them to invite us to parties while others cannot?

3 Likes

What is the plan for further development of dynamic clouds?

6 Likes

About the party system; why do you keep the age requirement at 9 or above? Most communication applications/websites require you to be 13 or older.

7 Likes

When can we expect to hear more news regarding Avatar Auto-Setup using Partially Complete models and modesty layers being required or not when using Classic Clothing?

2 Likes

In the Opening Keynotes, it was mentioned that there are efforts to making Search and Discovery more transparent for experience creators. Will this be extended for the avatar marketplace as well? (e.g. search, relevancy, and recommendations)

1 Like

With the stated intention to work to fit our existing workflows and tooling better, are there any plans to release more software integrations (such as importers, presets, or templates for tools like Figma, EmberGen, Quadspinner Gaea, ect) that you can share at this time?

3 Likes

Where’s a link to this stream ?
Or is this it ? :slight_smile:

At RDC, customizable matchmaking was brought up. To my understanding, this is usable to matchmake players on initial entry to the gane as well as teleporting to other servers (like skill based matchmade PvP items).

On the topic of matchmaking, a feature I think is important is age based matchmaking. As an adult it feels near impossible to socialize on the platform. It would really improve the quality of playing games and socializing if when I join a server I am placed in a server with peers and potential friends.

Are there any plans or discussions about age based matchmaking? If so, would it utilize confirmed IDs for users who have verified with ID?

3 Likes

Are there any more details about the Open Cloud Engine API for Executing Luau that can be released? Is this the universe scripts that was planned in the past or more limited?

During the Builderman Q&A, David said that one day, there might be a team at Roblox that would be responsible for bringing back classic Roblox items that are not available at this time. I was wondering if you could share more details regarding it. You guys have a huge catalog of original items (with most of them being very desired by the community) and i wanted to know more details about potentially making them limited or bringing them back in some way. I’ve noticed that you started making limited items again and i would like to know if its possible that you turn some of these old items into limiteds based on what David said.

3 Likes

There is no stream, they’ll be answering questions by replying to posts under this topic.

3 Likes

Regarding the Open Cloud Engine API, my question revolves around the API itself, how you would provide an execution environment to the API, and how would a response from this API be generated from said execution environment.

(If this is considered to be two questions, I would prefer an answer to the latter)

The next is Speech to Text (Early 2025), which allows you to create voice commands.

Very excited to hear the announcements about Speech to Text!

Will introverts and privacy conscious people be able to utilize this awesome feature without requiring to be heard by everyone in-game?

Like a special channel players can switch to so they can still use their microphone in-game for gameplay, but not be heard by others.

With the addition of events comming back are there any plans of contests comming back also? It would be a cool thing to see. (Excluding the inspire 2024 event/contest, I think it would be cool to have like an mesh retexture contest and whatever. )

2 Likes

With the new affiliate program coming to Roblox, is there any bonus after the first 6 months of inviting someone to the website? maybe like a yearly earning or something?

Are there any timelines on the Open Cloud API to exile and change member’s ranks in groups? Many developers who are integrating groups into their experience have to use a user account and cookie token which is relatively sloppy, and an Open Cloud solution would be welcome to many. If not, is there any considerations for legacy support of the existing groups api?

2 Likes

Hello, I wanted to ask another question.
In RDC, you’ve announced Paid Access Games with USD, and while I think this is a great update, I would like to ask this:

Will there ever be regional pricing on Roblox on features such as this? Roblox advertises itself as a global platform, so I believe you should take necessary actions to ensure everyone around the world regardless of economical differences can have a fun and worthwhile experience.

4 Likes

Hey, as shown at RDC24, there’s a new asset manager being worked on, however this new “improved” variant will be merged with the toolbox. Is there any reason behind that? is there any way to keep toolbox as a separate window? I think that would ruin many developers’ workflow if toolbox gets replaced & merged with assets manager…

3 Likes

Will immersive ads in the future show apple inc ads?

Recently I’ve noticed that “Genre” on experiences displays as “N/A” with a popup message when you hover over it:
GenreUnderConstruction
I believe it was mentioned at RDC 2023 that Roblox would like genres to be more “community driven”. Can you share any information about what the future of genres for experiences will look like?

1 Like