Creator Roadmap (Pt. 2 of 4) - Grow and engage your audience

Putting continuous scrolling on the home page will honestly make the Discover page more pointless than ever before.
I really wish we could have the old home page back (greeting headline, continue sort, friends sort, favorites sort, statuses, latest blog posts), but of course, we don’t and they won’t.

Edit: We DO need continuous scrolling, just not on the home page, but rather when you hit “see all”.

3 Likes

Favorites still exist, it’s just placed at the very bottom for some reason

4 Likes

Uhhhh, you do realize that Roblox is most likely to ask the user before allowing any game to send notifications, right?

7 Likes

All these sorts still exist (the friends playing sort removal has not hit my account yet) but were also part of the old home page layout prior to 2018 (I think the favorites sort was above friend activity back then).

4 Likes

Hey there - just want to clarify that when it comes to notifications, spam protection and safety is our top priority. That said, notifications on Roblox always respect user preferences. Note that push notifications are just one notification channel - alongside the in-app notification stream and soon real-time in-app notifications.

As developers, you will need to get permissions from users to receive notifications from your experience, similar to how apps ask you to enable notifs when you first install them. After you configure notifications via the upcoming Notifications API, Roblox will help route your notifications to the right audience and channel at the right time.

We will share lots more details on the new Notifications API for devs, as well as new tooling for handling notification opt-ins. Stay tuned!

8 Likes

Whatever change was made to discovery about 3 weeks ago has severely damaged our games while boosting our games in our genre without any clear reason as to why.

Our games CCU has pretty much been chopped in half despite none of our key metrics changing one bit (playtime, retention or monetization), while other games in our genre with much worse metrics are being promoted more then us.

This game here has much more players then us despite our playtime being 100% better then theirs (6 minutes vs our 12 minutes), how does this make sense?

If you could provide a reason why we in particular are being kneecapped while other games with worse statistics are being promoted more then us, that’d be great.

CC: @karunamat9ta if your able to answer

2 Likes

Would we be able to gate these non-root place joins with things such as gamepass or badge ownership (or even datastores) to still allow for this behavior?

Would love to have players directly bypass a lobby / level select root place as long as they have the proper requirements to do so.

2 Likes

Me personally im excited for this bro

Finally ill be able to understand Spanish ive always wanted to talk to one of my Spanish friends of which his English is not so good

2 Likes

Any news about South America servers yet?

3 Likes

You’d be better off learning Spanish. Auto localization in its current state is hot garbage. I used to correct those for developers for a living so I’ve seen the capabilities and limitations of it.

2 Likes

The game discovery has been going down hill ever since you guys removed game genres and infinite scrolling

2 Likes

Roblox has seriously stepped up they’re game with these updates, and are turning Roblox into a fully fledged game creation app.

I’m ridiculously excited to see what, when, and how these update’s are going to work.

5 Likes

MY OPINION

This would be very good for the communities since there are several roblox rp groups separated in their languages and they don’t share almost any communication between them. Actually having an automatic way of translation to communicate with people outside our language would be very good.

This way we could bring players together more and increase collaborative work in the games with almost no communication errors.

it would be a great success.

4 Likes

On the bottom of the page, where it says “join the community”, the text is way too vague as it says “join The Forum” and it is sounding like they’re saying to join the old forums. I would recommend changing it to “Join the Developer Forum” instead.

1 Like

I noticed the break down language barriers…
Guess it will not support various languages, such as Slovakian, Croatian and etc., will it?

Since October, with the removal of ads for Under 13, my games had a very high drop in players since it was the Sponsors/Ads that somehow helped me to maintain the CCU and this has really discouraged me from developing.

Anything that can help in some way to recommend our games (small and medium developers), will already be a big step and I’m excited about it :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Still no foliage terrain tool or optimization…

2 Likes

Interesting. I read something about “Auto-Reconnect” and “Flexible Join Destination” on the roadmap. However I’ve seen something similar to this in an experience. Perhaps they are planning to add it for more convenience?

1 Like

Thank you for sharing the latest update on the Creator Roadmap 2.1k. I appreciate the efforts being made to enhance the creator experience on Roblox. The improvements mentioned, such as discovery, matchmaking, notifications, and automatic translation, show a commitment to supporting creators and fostering a vibrant community.

2 Likes

Pleasee I BEG YOU, additionally add the ability to create your own grass mesh to use, I been waiting for yearss, pleaseee, to make the grass even better you could make it so you could tweak the top and base Transparency of the grass so that it can blend with any terrain perfectly.

With that it would be perfect!!!

3 Likes