Creator Roadmap (Pt. 2 of 4) - Grow and engage your audience

How about adding servers in South America?

13 Likes

I hope the search engine gets improved overall. It’s so unreliable it makes an old car with no doors and a deflated tire look more reliable. I’m glad genre filters are coming back.

I also don’t want automatic translation to be forced, as it has already screwed up my game’s name in illogical ways and I had to manually put in the proper title for each language. I’ve had a couple friends tell me that some games they were playing had translation issues so bad it just made up random words that don’t exist.

9 Likes

Amazing, the 13+ limitation on ads has hurt a lot of games without a high level of marketing power or budget tremendously

6 Likes

Glad Roblox is being so proactive in making studio a better place.

Except the AI trash. Waste of time, in my opinion. AI has been destroying artistic communities lately, and simply is not as good as just learning the old fashioned way.

Soon enough all of this AI nonsense will be getting itself into copyright trouble, though I suppose of Roblox is training with in-platform data it’s safe enough.

6 Likes

Glad to see matchmaking and other stuff here!

One thing I’d like is a way to better leverage Roblox’s matchmaking with semantic information we know as a developers. For example, our players typically use this server menu in-game to find servers with both high-elo servers and low ping (based upon region).

Players really care about their ping, since it affects their gameplay experience. However, we lose out because:

1. We can’t tell Roblox matchmaking which servers may be more or less favorable to players
  2. We can’t tell Roblox matchmaking ping is important
  3. When creating a reserved server we can’t request certain regions or areas in order to decrease ping
  4. Our region detection is based upon a hack, which means we can’t communicate clearly to our users.

As part of the “Flexible Join Destination” I’m hoping to see the following:

1. Ability to route players smartly based upon their progression in the game
  2. Ability to query more information about a server like expected ping for the player, et cetera).

Overall, we want to give our players control over what server they play in, but for that to happen, Roblox has to give us more control over information about each server.

21 Likes

I would love it if ROBLOX added a viewing distance for Highlights inside of objects, similar to how we have in nametags.

7 Likes

This. I need this.

There’s been way too many times where I join a smaller server or even whatever is optimal by Roblox’s system, just for everyone in that server to be speaking in a foreign language.

Following up with what @Tellygum is talking about, it would also be nice if Highlight borders not rendering to some (likely older or non-existent GPU) could be fixed, since it can be quite an issue if the game uses it to signal a specific action that an enemy is performing, especially when the highlight only exists as a border.

6 Likes

Is this part of the “Social and Contextual Descriptors”?
I find it quite annoying that it hides the number of active players and the rating of the experience.

19 Likes

Very excited for this!

Pretty sure one can now have more engagement through this and especially the RPG games, they’ll benefit much

5 Likes

By update, they mean if an experience is shut down by the creator for an update or bug fix, the players will be re-connected to a server with the same people that were in the server before the update. However, that is only the first time, after that, I belive matchmaking will resume as normal. This could be helpful, especially in roleplay games, as it could help continue the RP.

4 Likes

This seems to be showing for some people and not others.
Might be part of some A/B test.
The people I know who see this, also no longer have the friend activity sort on their home page.
But yeah personally I find it really annoying and can’t see any possible reason for it.

3 Likes

I
can
not
wait
holy
crap
I wanted this for so long : )

3 Likes

is the roadmap for learning… cool. i need to see this part 2

2 Likes

does the search improvement include a fix for experiences disappearing off of search results completely, randomly, when searching for their exact titles? There’s been no fewer than 50 topics about this over the past 2 years in the dev forum, never with any resolution.

My game continues to not show up in search for it’s exact title, something that randomly happened months back for no rhyme or reason. Likewise there are tons of never updated, few likes/favorites, default icon experiences that will show up ahead of experiences with the same keyword, more likes, and that are actively updated. This has happened to people in the middle of sponsoring their experience where they will suddenly completely fall off the search results- zero transparency around this.

5 Likes

Yes! Please consider how developers are using the home page when making this sort of change!

7 Likes

Dude, you don’t HAVE to use the feature. If it allows you to send users to non-root places, then it would make sense the developer would choose what place to send them to.

2 Likes

I just want to say that this added transparency is very much appreciated! Looking forward to the release of some of these updates!

3 Likes

Okay but the thing is that there is 0 clarification on whenever or not this feature is forced on every game or is fully optional with a toggle.

3 Likes

Regarding the auto reconnection feature, is this where the client temporarily loses connection and silently keeps the game running until it can reestablish a connection, or is it where it reloads the entire datamodel to match with the new server

I would heavily prefer the former with a few APIs to streamline any weird custom replication that comes about with this sort of reconnection

3 Likes

the notifications thing is bad, not everyone have push notifications on, like as if roblox is a malicious app to automatically enable push notifications (example of what it looks like in iPad)

• Translated Documentation - Adding support for 7 languages (including Spanish, Portuguese, Japanese) so you can read in your preferred language (Mid 2023)

ok so about that, I wonder about arabic, as they put “مرحبًا” in the picture (it’s an arabic word), and I do speak arabic

tho great stuff in the way, (I already moved to unity…)

4 Likes