Crecent Sword Slash Effect

If you’re asking how they curved it, simply go to filters then distorts - polar coordinates, if you want to know how they faded on the edges, they simply used the eraser tool.

I’d also like to understand on how to do this any help is appreciated.

I’m not 100% sure what to do after but what I have done is put a seam on the outer rim of the flat sphere making them separate (just like in the image of the post)

1 Like

I am too, stuck at this part, I dont really understand what to do after inserting the image

just seam the center of the sphere and uv unwrap it

I think this works pretty well, but flipbook particles are in my opinion just easier to use instead of needing to make the mesh and the texture and so on. The problem with flipbooks is then that is looks a bit wierd from the side, but i mean, everyone got their own preferences :smiley:

This was before they added flipbook particles my friend, you’re a bit late to the party :sweat_smile:

PLS put this on Toolbox, I need this. Jk, tho it would make my life better. :wink:

I know I am very late, so I apologize, but when you add the texture objects to the mesh in roblox studio are they decals or a different texture object? Also do you set the texture of those texture objects to the same texture you used for the UV mapping(the one with 2 duplicated slashes) or the singular slash image?

I tried using the image for the uv mapping on a decal, but both slashes were showing, and weren’t curved around the circle. I am most likely doing this wrong though, so thanks in advance.

Hello can you explain me how you did the uv unwraping part pls