CSG Union "returned error code -22"

When I was trying to union the spheres in this repro file: UnionBug.rbxl (647.9 KB) I got this message;
Tried it again several times, kept giving me this message. (Simply union all the spheres at once)
This is a rare occurrence(in general, tried unioning less of them, worked, different parts also work, etc…), so it might not be as important, though still posting because it tells me to do so.

Also I’m not sure whether I was meant to post it here, or if there’s a certain thread for it, or if I had to email it, let me know if this shouldn’t be here

Hi Klighter,

Error code 22 indicates that Studio was not able to allocate enough memory to complete the operation.
In addition to looking for ways to reduce memory requirements, we should improve the error message for this case.

Looking at the number of spheres, though, it seems unlikely that the result would fit in less than 3000 triangles, so in this case the best workaround is to have a number of smaller unions instead of one with all the spheres.

Thanks for reporting.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.