Yesterday i wanted to test new systems with my friend and we joined the test place.
I have noticed this spam in the console that didnt appear in the studio.
Bugs occured with this:
Some animations didnt load or some local scripts ran very poorly.
I thought it was a virus, so i tried using the “Anti-Virus” plugin, but it didnt detect any viruses.
I also deleted some unused plugins, but error spam still occurs when i join the test place.
Can someone tell me what is this?
You should manually review the content of CSGDictionaryService to ensure it’s not an unwanted script or content.You can learn more @
We have recently discovered that some malicious Studio plugins are injecting scripts into hidden services. Because the services are hidden from the Studio Explorer, detecting these scripts is nearly impossible.
How to tell if you are affected
File > Save As… and select “.rbxlx” as the file format
Open the saved file using a text editor like Notepad
Search for “Backpack” and see if you find anything that looks like this:
(An “anti-virus” plugin cannot always show the truth)
If it is a bug, please report it as appropriate.
Based on the strange characters, it seems to be malicious scripts and not a bug. Use the plugin referred to in this thread to attempt getting rid of the malicious scripts:
Update: The exploit this was originally created to combat has been long since patched out by roblox and as such I have not updated this plugin in a long time. It may or may not still work but unless there is some severe need to continue this project I likely will not mess with this plugin anymore.
Due to a recent event where a game I am a part of the development team on started seeing a lot of severe server-sided exploit issues (Which we found really odd as the game was FilteringEnabled and had…
Please also check over all your installed plugins and have your contractors do the same. You or a contractor most likely installed a plugin that they believed to be the original, but was actually a reupload by a malicious user.
Someone sent me a img which is very similar to what you have. This is just a malicious script.
It’s definitely related to what
To clarify some of those errors, Synapse Xen Script are obfuscated scripts from a popular exploit tool SynapseX. This tool can create some heavily obfuscated scripts.
(DM me if you wanna chat more about this, to prevent going too off topic)
Also OP, if click that tick button for the post when you have a valid solution.
Obfuscation is very pointless in Lua. The ones I have seen are very bad XD.
It’s more than enough to keep inexperienced scripters out.
Even though every script can be unobfuscated, it certainly adds to difficulty of reading the code.
The synapseX obfuscation is really sophisticated. It essentially splits every original character into a unfathomable nonsense.
You clearly haven’t seen much obfuscation then, lua obfuscation is definitely a real and very annoying thing, especially when you’re trying to work out what exploit code does.
Thanks, this plugin detected and deleted all that crap and now the game runs smoothly.