Cursor Infinitely stuck loading when inserting models

Hey Everyone,
I’ve gotten this bug about 10 times now. It’s very annoying, what happens is that my cursor gets stuck loading (blue loading circle)
This occurs when I insert a large model from the toolbox and it takes a while to be inserted.

Gif of what I mean:

https://gyazo.com/d59b4470420a900032f00118085826c0

It started happening about 2 weeks ago now. To make it disappear, you just need to restart studio, however this is often annoying.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Open the toolbox
  2. Find a big model(often mesh)
  3. Insert it into studio
  4. While it’s being inserted, open any other window, and wait a minute or so.
  5. Go back into studio
  6. You should now notice this bug.

System Specs:
Nvida 1080 3GB GPU
AMD Ryzen R5 6 core CPU
8GB Ram

I hope this can be fixed!

3 Likes

Hi Little_Joes,

It seems there’s some disconnect from what I’m seeing when trying to reproduce this versus what you are seeing. When inserting a large model from the toolbox, the blue loading circle does not appear. What I do see is an “Inserting” green loading bar at the bottom of the window:

Could you send another Gif of the full Studio window starting from before you insert a big model from the toolbox? There may be something I can pick up on based on when the blue loading circle appears.

Also if you could send logs that could help track down what’s happening as well: How to post a Bug Report

Thanks

I’ve been experiencing this as well. I don’t have a reliable way to replicate it, but every time it’s happened I have been editing scripts. I’m not certain but I think it’s occurring when auto-recovery file are created. The cursor is still functional, but it’s stuck in the loading animation. It resolves itself if you run/play/test or close studio.

7 Likes

I have the same exact bug. Problem still hasn’t been fixed though. Still experiencing this as I import meshes.