Custom Character Accessory Issue

You can write your topic however you want, but you need to answer these questions:

1. What do you want to achieve? Keep it simple and clear!

I want to create a system where it takes the player’s hair/accessory from their avatar to then attach it to a smaller, custom character. (my custom character is half the size of a normal player character)

1. What is the issue? Include screenshots / videos if possible!

The hair accessories won’t properly attach to the character and seem to spawn in the back edge of the baseplate.

1. What solutions have you tried so far? Did you look for solutions on the Developer Hub?

Weirdly enough, I’ve tried putting a placement accessory into Starter Character Scripts or on an NPC and it works perfectly fine. I’ve looked on the Developer Hub and have found topics that are somewhat similar to mine but I still cannot resolve my problem. I tried to weld the accessory to the player’s head manually but it would delete the weld when I would test play?? Though, when I was messing around with the Starter Character Scripts test hat, it had a weld named “AccessoryWeld”.

I’m relatively new to scripting, so apologies in advance if I’ve missed something or made a dumb mistake. I’m not looking for someone to fix my script or anything. I just want to know if there’s a way I can effectively fix this problem.

Script:

if script.Parent:FindFirstChildWhichIsA("Accessory") then
	print("testing for bugs.. ")
	if script.Parent:FindFirstChildWhichIsA("Accessory").Handle.HairAttachment then

local Mesh = script.Parent:FindFirstChildWhichIsA("Accessory").Handle.Mesh
		local Hair = Mesh.Parent.Parent
		local HairAttachment = Hair.Handle.HairAttachment
		local hum = script.Parent:FindFirstChild("Humanoid")
		Mesh.Scale = Mesh.Scale * 0.5
		Mesh.VertexColor = Vector3.new(0,0,0)
		Hair.Handle.CanCollide = false
		Hair.Handle.CFrame = script.Parent.Head.CFrame
		print("test")

end
else
	wait()
end

1 Like

Are you trying to do this in a localscript? If so check out this post

Thanks, that was easier than I thought.