Custom character won't jump

You can write your topic however you want, but you need to answer these questions:

1. What do you want to achieve? Keep it simple and clear!

I want my custom starter character to jump.

1. What is the issue? Include screenshots / videos if possible!

It won’t jump at all!

1. What solutions have you tried so far? Did you look for solutions on the Developer Hub?

I have looked for any similar topic but to no avail.

The only script interfering with the character a just a shift to sprint script.

It’s not the game detecting a jump, every time I jump the humanoids jump property is set to true. Manually setting it true doesn’t work either.

The player does sometimes jump, but only when it’s on something next to something.

https://gyazo.com/dfed3d238e45c5504879c68cd25fbecb

Any help is appreciated.

(Also on a side topic is there any way to make things “bouncier”? Like when it hit it, it goes flying?)

I can see that your humanoid doesn’t detect plastic you were standing on but it counted it as a air. When you moved to a wood a wood was detected and that’s the reason you were able to jump since if you are in air as player the animation for falling is going to play constantly. The property I was watching is FloorMaterial.

2 Likes

Wow! I didn’t notice that at all! How do you think I can fix it though?

Does anyone know a solution???

hope this helps a bit…

1 Like

Change the ball’s velocity to whatever when they press space.

1 Like

After looking at FloorMaterial a bit more I increased the size of my humanoid root part so it was bigger than the torso and would actually touch the ground. It fixed it thanks for your help!

2 Likes