Custom Developer Products

Keep in mind that I, @IvanGregrovnich, @gaminmasterrrr and many others have worked in conjunction with ROBLOX’s Back End web team, we have conducted things such as releasing useful and hidden endpoints, dumping apis etc, if anyone needs something that is Web Api related, we will most likely know it.

1 Like

Update: v1.1.0

No major changes, the majority of this update was to restructure the codebase to increase maintainability.

Overview of the update:

• Endpoint structure remains the same
  • Server key is now required to be set
  • Separated Express.js routes into separate directory
  • Separated utility functions into modules in a separate directory
  • Moved package.json to top level (node entry point changed)
  • Updated README and LICENSE for correctness
  • Minor changes to examples
  • Error handling improvements
  • Switched to latest version of noblox.js (4.9.0)

The restructure should (hopefully) make cloning and deploying the project easier than it was previously. Diagnosing and resolving errors should be easier now with the improved error handling - however, some noblox.js related errors are still a bit ambiguous and/or misleading.

The game doesn’t work???

Also expecting to release a Roblox model anytime soon?

The game is working fine for me, I just tested it. Sometimes you have to wait a bit because the host I use goes into a hibernation state after a period of inactivity and it takes a while to start back up again.

Releasing a model doesn’t make sense at this point since the main dependency is an off-site web API that has to be hosted by each user. The donation game is just an example of a single use-case but a Luau module is available for use from the GitHub repository in the examples folder.

It doesn’t log the new DevProduct which just created. Is there any ways to fix it?

This is incredible! Are you sure Roblox allows this though? Isn’t this kind of spamming their servers unless you delete it after (which I don’t recall being possible)?

I’m also left asking, why Glitch? They don’t allow UptimeRobot or anything similar… Why not use repl.it or any other hosting service?

2 Likes

I’m not entirely sure what you mean by this - the product creation should be logging to the console (and saved to the file). If you could elaborate further then I’d be happy to help.

I’ve not come across any rule that specifically states any reason why this would not be allowed. Requests are only made to Roblox’s API when a new product needs to be created; you could theoretically make the same number of developer products manually.

If they wanted to limit the number of products you could make, they would have a limit in place. You are correct in saying that there’s no way to delete products at the moment but I can’t imagine storing developer products on their servers takes up a considerable amount of space.

At the time when I made this, it was still possible to host on Glitch with no downtime for free. I completely agree that there are much better alternatives out there for free/cheap hosting. I haven’t bothered migrating the service that the example place uses to a different provider as, after all, it’s just a demo.

It still stands as a perfectly good example of the basic setup of the service so I have just left it as it is (for now).

1 Like

Great! Guess I should of thought about the limit thing :sweat:

1 Like

Decided to check it out for a second time… How is the latency so low? I almost instantly get the popup to buy the product! I can’t express how cool and helpful this could be if implemented into an actual game…

Also, with Open Cloud out, will you eventually migrate to that? (once they fully release the required features like devproducts, badges, gamepasses, etc)

1 Like

I mean every time players purchase a Product. System should log the Product Price and Product ID:

{
25:1516513
}

But, it didn’t log or save it which causing errors and you can’t buy 25 R$ product again if is created!

I’d be more than happy to use an in-house solution if and when this becomes available. Relying on Roblox’s web endpoints to not change spontaneously is certainly risky long-term.

Would you mind sharing the error you get with me? Send it either over Discord (General_Scripter#8281) or through DMs to avoid cluttering this thread.

1 Like

Yea sure! I will contact you via Discord!

Wait a minute, it seem to be fixed… I will contact you when it broken again!

1 Like

Sorry to bump but.
Hi, is this still working? I’ve been trying it out and it keeps returning HTTP:DnsResolve
And yes, the serverkey and the user cookie is correct

The DNS resolve error you’re seeing means that a DNS server isn’t able to find any entry for the domain you are requesting. Make sure you have entered the correct domain for your request.

i have, the format is “https://theappnameihave.glitch.me/” right?

I copy and paste the hall .ROBLOSECURITY cookie in the .env but it does not work -

.env: line 2: _96B5E["Good luck getting the cookie now"]6EEEB53842E6CA5D2C0BFE1B0343D6C8FA702612799A2D61D7A35BBAC8CC439F21FC7AF91191F39D0EA50F31C9910240C8039B26668E10B32FA: command not found

.env: line 2: WARNING:-DO-NOT-SHARE-THIS.--Sharing-this-will-allow-someone-to-log-in-as-you-and-to-steal-your-ROBUX-and-items.: command not found

Failed to log in. Error: Cookie login failed, supplied and stored cookies are either missing or invalid.

Me too, I posted an issue on his github rn

I think it shows an error because you have to put the cookie value in quotes “”.

Btw, I have an error “Failed to create product X for X robux: Create product failed, 404 Not Found”. Anyone knows how to fix it?

These issues stem from recent account security and API changes that noblox.js has not kept up with and is somewhat out of their control. I suspect that little effort is being put into API wrappers that use the hacky method of using user accounts as bots due to the development of Open Cloud which will supersede them as more features are added.

The account security cookie (.ROBLOSECURITY) is now locked to your IP region, and is therefore immediately invalidated when used on a VPS. You can read more about this here.

There is a pull request to address the 404 error when you attempt to add a product, it happens because noblox.js is currently set up to use an old, now invalid, API endpoint.

I will look into updating this without API wrapper dependencies so I can update it myself - but I am not promising that I will do so. Hopefully, Open Cloud will offer this functionality soon so there is an officially supported way to create developer products externally.

1 Like