Custom Vehicle Seat

Hiwiwi!
A quick question. Whats the normal approach to create a Custom Vehicle Seat?
Im having a lot of problems with the Roblox VehicleSeat, so I want to create a custom one, with similar functions as the original one.
How to read the user’s input? and some procedure? I just need a brief idea. thank you for ur time :3

I want to create my own VehicleSeat
The one that has events, and values to be listened in a script.

I’m not a programmer. I don’t quite understand what you mean. I hope you find someone can that help you! :heart:

1 Like
  1. Input Fires an event from the client to the server.
  2. Server listens and does sanity checks. like range and if player is alive
  3. Server then creates a “Weld” and attaches the Character RootPart to the Seat

Yup thats the first part when a player sits, and about the functions?

Do I use BindAction for the keys?
If its a localScript, then I will need remote functions in order to set the NetworkOwnership?
I would want to get rid of loops as much as possible… original VehicleSeat
has events for many stuff… how do I replicate those events without excesive loops?
TBH im very confused about creating a custom VehicleSeat, and even Idk if its a good idea…

Well, what are expecting to gain from using a custom VehicleSeat?

If you have the knowledge of Networking it is pretty simple and you wouldn’t need any loops since this whole system is event based.

You shouldn’t be doing controls on the server but on the client itself because it can lead to delays that might make the player uncomfortable but the enter and exit events should be handled by the server

Im trying to get rid of the glitch in the original VehicleSeat
When you type keys too fast, there is certain lag/bug:

Okie, I understand what u mean, thank you :3