Cutout Wall with a Part

I’m kinda busy right now, so I can’t investigate, however I’m very curious if this uses Bones? Anyways, cool creation, I will check this out when I have more time!

1 Like

There are no bones. It’s just math

2 Likes

You could just use I think the tool is negative or what ever it is to cut open a part.

Someone should expand apon this and make it a full on plugin with support for rotated parts all axis etc would love to see that!

1 Like

Would it be okay if I developed a plugin using your module?
@Hanfian

1 Like

Yes that would be fine. That would be incredibly useful for many developers.

Would you please explain how this works?
I did not know yo could set the vertices of a part and keep accurate collission.
* just realised the place file was right there gonna go take a look then *

Yo, the system works by using math to calculate where the cutterObject is and how to split the part you’re cutting into a few different parts. Then it puts these parts into a model, and that’s about it!

ooh, that makes sense, reminds me of that plugin that let you bevel parts.

1 Like

Yeah, it’s actually pretty cool.

This is super cool! Becoming the next union.

1 Like

Have you developed the plugin yet?

What do you mean? This plugin is already available.

1 Like

Where is the plugin? I can’t seem to find it

1 Like

Here’s a link to the official plugin post.

1 Like

Sorry if I’m wrong, but I think you need to replace lines 86 and 94 of your ModuleScript “CutoutWall” to v.OffsetStudsV = -(part.Position.Y + part.Size.Y/2)%StudsPerTileV so it can suport the Y axis.

1 Like

Just updated the file. Thanks for catching that

@Hanfian, does your module support the Y axis now? If it does, I can update the plugin.

Not yet, but might get to it at some point next month.

1 Like

will there be any support for other shapes like wedges? i’m really excited about this new resource