Data Store grouping question

I have been reading up on data stores in the wiki, and have been looking at the little examples.
Then I noticed that in the examples, the datastores being used are “PlayerExperience” and “Nicknames”

These seem very specific to a set of data. I was under the impression, that each call to a datastore counted towards a game total limit, or is it that each call goes towards a datastore specific limit.

In other words, if I have one huge datastore, that holds all the data for my players, lets say 10 players log in, and I call that datastore 10 times to get the data for each player.
I understand that is 10 calls, but is it global or per store.

Alternatively if I have 4 separate data stores (CharacterData, Inventory, Pets, Quests) and having each of those called 10 times for each player that has just logged in.
Would it only could 10 calls per store, or would that be considered 40 calls towards my limit?

I feel like I am not explaining the question well, sorry if its unclear.

1 Like

I’m fairly certain it goes towards a game limit, not one for each data store. If you have some free time, I’d really recommend looking into Datastore2 however! It’s easy to use and can manage multiple data stores and effectively merge them into one.

Yeah, global limit would make sense, or the servers could be flooded with calls, if you had MANY different datastores. Awesome link though, I appreciate it.

1 Like