Datastore and the headache that comes with it

As you can imagine. I’m trying to get a datastore system to work. I have tried making 3 unique systems and nothing works. I’m trying to make a “simple” little system that is meant to save 3 values, a string value and 2 bool values. I don’t know how to make a proper datastore. I’ve been at this for the last 4 days trying anything I could, dev forum, youtube, modules, I even bought the datastore editor plugin, nothing makes any sense. If anybody knows a good and reliable way/source for me to learn how to make a good reliable datastore for anything, please let me know.

Any and all help means the world, I’m so sick of datastores and frankly studio as a whole.

Hello, have you tried using profile service ProfileService? It would cover most of your database needs.

1 Like

Haven’t even heard of that, what’s that about?

It basically handles the data with few lines of code, no need to write tons of code in order to make properly working system. Press the link I provided, everything is explained there, though, it may look confusing, don’t freak out.

1 Like

Skimming through it right now, if this works you are a legend because datastore has been nothing more than my 13 reason why for the last few days.

It works great, as user of this service, I have no complaints.

1 Like

Profile-Service-Guide.rbxl (67.4 KB)

example fully working .

2 Likes

This works beautifully, thank you

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.