Datastore Backup

I’ve heard of Datastore2, however after looking through the documentation I don’t believe it fits my needs.

I am looking for a way to back up a ban datastore every once and a while (A datastore which won’t be updated often, yet is still imperative that it has backups) and be able to load a backup.

For example, if a person on the staff team were to decide to completely bomb this datastore with people, I would wish to be able to “roll back” the datastore to a date BEFORE this happened without unbanning every single person who was previously listed.

I’d rather do this than have people open tickets to have their ban lifted.

This seems like a super niche thing since I haven’t found anything useful after an hour of searching.

Any help appreciated.

1 Like

Have you looked into profile service?

In data store 2 have you looked at the ordered backup module? It is very good at acting as a back up and saving data

This is redundant.

All datastores now have automatic versioning, meaning you can rollback a datastore to an earlier version if you wish.

See this forum post for more details.

Only Up to 30 day backing however

Which is more than enough time for you to just revert bans.
If you can’t rollback a malicious banwave within 30 days, you have bigger problems as a developer.

If you want to make timed bans though, can’t you just leave a timestamp for the banned player that will determine when the player will be unbanned?

1 Like

Also how do I turn this on . Where do I need to put “V2”?

I’m pretty sure you don’t have to do anything.

Try listing an older version and see if it works.

This should be fine since I plan to use suspicious ban activity detection to know when a false-ban wave happens.

I’ll see if it works tomorrow as I need to head off since its 2 am.