DataStore data limit increased

The new data limit is 260000 (slightly larger than that; feel free to compute the exact limit if you really want…) characters (so ~4x larger than before).

There seems to be a dependency between the data size and the time DS requests take - the longer the data is the longer the requests take. Please keep it in mind and only store more data if you need to (having said that, preliminary benchmarks show that the difference is not drastic).

Thanks to scalability team for making this possible, I just flipped a switch!

45 Likes

262660 characters/bytes? 4 * 65565

It’s still better to be (semi-)efficient and only store what you actually need.

Bytes. Or Lua characters which is the same thing I guess…

I always thought they’re the same.
The question mark was about the amount.
I assume that’s the new limit then.

Just a question: Will we have to worry about this being (temporarily) undone at some point?

1 Like

Sweet! This cuts down datastore requests for brick serialization of large models.

1 Like

No.

2 Likes

Let me express my professional thoughts:

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW YISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

6 Likes

I can feel the power

2 Likes

This is gonna be great! Now I don’t have to worry about having only 300 items per inventory. :smiley:

Will the request limit be updated at some point? (Specifically the OnUpdate limit)

5 Likes

Woot :smiley:

1 Like

I had this page open on the wiki when it changed, pleasantly surprised to re-read the limitations as 2^18 :stuck_out_tongue:

Any news on this?: DataStore wont accept "<" or bytes 128-255

Marvelous. Now I don’t have to store 200k*200k characters on my own server/database. I can just use you guys:>
'tis for my round replayer feature in my game http://imgur.com/egIGmc0

1 Like

Cue the celebratory music!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.