Datastore help needed!

I wouldn’t be worried about that error as I get it all the time and there are no problems with the datastore. it still will save.

1 Like

I know, but with large amounts of players in-game, it could cause problems. You never want to lose your players data.

I don’t know, I’ll try to see but scripting is not my job

1 Like

hm have u ever change your mind to use profileservice ? its very easy to use once u understand

example : very useful
Profile-Service-Guide.rbxl (67.4 KB)

2 Likes

I have looked into it in the past, but my current game is already implemented with the default Roblox datastore API, so I would prefer not switching at this point.

Hello, have you tried using profile service ProfileService? It would cover all your database needs.

1 Like

very no no no whats the point of warning then we the one need to fix it , i might agree but its not 100% save once your active players more than thousand

1 Like

If you are not experienced scripter, then I would not recommend continuing with your own database script. In short, chance of data loss is higher with your method.

I have several years of scripting experience, and I feel that I can handle this system. However, I did run across this problem, and I want to learn how to fix it, instead of just transferring to something easier.

well i searched your game , i think you better change it before your game hyped . thats the only way OR save old data to profileservice

What do you mean ‘searched your game’ and ‘hyped’?

Oh, Good to know. Also …

Wouldn’t this be perserver not in total of players in a game? Like if the server had 8 players in a server and 3000 players in a game in total on separate servers would their be data loss still?

still occur , many player complain losing money i ended up use ds2

1 Like

this yours right? ( if yes ) your game got small visits . so it shouldnt be a problem to change datastore

Yeah, if this was a new project, I could understand using profileservice or ds2, but because it is quite a big game at this point, it would be difficult to switch over.

The old system can be used to copy data to new one.

No, it’s not this one. The game isn’t launched yet. That was just a very early version of it. I am expecting to have quite a lot more visits on the actual launch. Also, how did you find that? lol

1 Like

das what im saying copy old data and save to profile service , no need to set async just use get async and save into profileservice

Hmm. Honestly, I have now idea how I would implement that. I have looked into that but it saves data when it is changed, not when the player leaves. It is much different.

then save data internal and when changed only