DataStore help!

I need DataStores for my game. All the Tutorials on YT are for Leaderstats, My game doesn’t have leaderstats. I need to save: Text Boxes, Items In Hotbar, Properties of blocks (Transparency and Collison), and if they have done the tutorial or skipped to tutorial. If that helps

You wouldn’t necessarily need datastores for what you want to accomplish.

For example, if you wanted to remember if a player had done the tutorial, you could simply award the player a badge using BadgeService at the end of the tutorial. Next time they join, just check if they have the badge. If they do, it would mean they completed the tutorial. If they don’t, it means they skipped the tutorial.

I think this would send you in the right direction but you haven’t given much information on why you need to store this information, so it’s the best I can do.

Okay Let me brake this down. The TextBoxes: in my game, there is a feat. that allows players to keep track of things they have done, shown below

Items in hotbar: In this game you need to venture out onto an alien planet to find missing ship pieces. these pieces need to save in your HotBar

Properties of blocks: After finding missing ship pieces you have to repair your ship. The properties of these blocks need to save. The brick parts are the missing ones .Seen below

Inventory you kinda already did for me

Alright, I have a better understanding of what you want to accomplish now. It’s going to require a lot of work, but I found previous forum posts for each part of your game you want to accomplish, so here they are.

Hotbar : How to save your players' inventory items

Saving UI data : How to save and load values in a gui by using DataStore - #4 by sebi210

Saving Parts : How do i create a saving system for parts using DataStores? - #10 by Ethanthegrand14

Goodluck.

3 Likes

You are a good man, Thank you!

1 Like